Gastritis and Dexilant

Posted , 6 users are following.

About a month ago I was diagnosed with gastritis after 3 months of pain, weight loss and blood in my stool. I was given dexilant to treat my condition. Ever since I started taking it I have been having an aching feeling in many parts of my body. Mostly my back, arms, hips and legs. I’m not even sure it’s helping my stomach much. Anyone else on Dexilant and having similar symptoms or have gastritis and can offer some tips on how to deal with this?

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

My son was diagnosed with gastritis couple of weeks ago. He was put on Zantac 150mg. He had abdominal pain with back pain. He would stay in bed for a couple of hours and wait for the pain to subside. Zantac wasn’t helping and anti acids was making it worse. I decided to keep a food diary and put him in a blant diet. Giving him small frequent amount of food to let it digest slowly. It seems to help and we avoided food that was making it worst. We decided to stop taking his Zantac and stick with the blant diet and more frequent small meals. Hope this helps. 
    • Posted

Thanks for replying. I don’t have time in my day to try the small meals. At work I’m lucky to get a break at all. All I have time for is breakfast and dinner. Usually by dinner time I’m starving. I will start trying to eat more bland foods even though that doesn’t sound like any fun! Hope your son is feeling better. 
    • Posted

Try eating fruits between and some yougurt. It helps a lot. Hope u feel better. 
  • Posted

Hi mandi76104

Have you looked at the information Leaflet that comes with the Dexilant for side effects?....

• Posted

Yes, I did and there were so many side effects it was quite frightening. I am going to my gastroenterologist on Tuesday to see if she can prescribe something else with less side effects. For now Dexilant is all I have to ease the symptoms. 
  • Posted

Hi

Try organic pine nut oil, it’s meant to be great for gastritis, also try taking digestive enzymes, this will help you break down your foods better. Ie fats, sugars, proteins etc. 

• Posted

Thank you. I will try that. Do I add it to foods? I’m not sure how to incorporate it into my diet. Also, should I take a probiotic pill or just eat a yogurt like activia for the enzymes? 
    • Posted

The pine nut oil can be taken from the spoon, if it’s hard to tolerate, you can probably put it on your food or even see if you can get it in capsule form. You could eat all the yogurt you wanted and would still not get enough good bacteria from it, best to take probiotics with 50 billion CFU’s or more. Make sure you by digestive enzymes, as these will help you break down all your foods more easily. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.