Gastritis and GERD Recipes

Posted , 4 users are following.

Can you please post those recipes that you know that is friendly to gastrtis and GERD. I mean those that can be eaten guilt free that you know will not trigger any pain or symptoms. Will appreciate it a lot! Thanks!

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Grilled chicken breast

Steamed green beans

Steamed carrots

Boiled baby potatoes

No sauce and I can only use salt and not pepper, I tend to live off chicken and veg with my gastritis!

Eating for gerd and gastritis is extremely plain, no sauces and no sugar tend to be the best way forward & nothing with onion, garlic or tomato!

• Posted

Hi Abbie! Thank you for your reply. Is it all that you it? Are you that disciplined to not be tempted by delicious foods? Or are we never ever be normal again. I mean like it what you want? 

Do you eat rice? Here in our country it is a staple food. Evry meal we have it. 

• Posted

ERRATUM: here is my reply. Sorry for the wrong grammar.

Hi Abbie! Thank you for your reply. Is it all that you are eating? Are you that disciplined to not be tempted by delicious foods? Or are we never ever be normal again. I mean like eat what you want? Cause its really hard. sad

Do you eat rice? Here in our country it is a staple food. Evry meal we have it. 

• Posted

Confirmed by a recent research paper, it's more important HOW you eat rather than WHAT you eat. Keep upright, eat slowly and keep portion sizes small.

Barrett's Wessex charity produced a book of recipes a few years ago that have helped many. A free copy of the popular book, "Cool Food" may be downloaded from their website, www BarrettsWessex org uk. Click on the TIPS tab and then on the picture of the "Cool Food" book.

• Posted

Wow. Its great. There are lot of recipes in there. It also has some medical advice. Thanks!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.