Gastritis and right side pain?

Posted , 13 users are following.

I have been told I have gastritis and a sliding hiatal hernia 

I get these weird pains/discomfort on my right hand side sort of around the ribs the pain is always worse when I’m lying down 

My question is can gastritis be the reason for my right sided pain? 

I would really appreciate it if anyone has gone through the same thing and could give me any info 

Thankyou

1 like, 17 replies

17 Replies

• Posted

Hi i too have pains in right side v low down and any kind of stress seems to make it worse.... its a dull pain or a stitck like pain... had bloods. Doc doesnt seem to worried. Im awaiting a scan.... what is your pain like??? Is it affected by what you eat??
    • Posted

My pain isn’t low down it’s just below and around my right ribs 

The pain I’m getting is like a dull ache/ heavy uncomfortable feeling and it’s worse when I’m lying down eating doesn’t seem to affect it 

I wish you luck with your scans and hopefully you get some answers 

• Posted

hi robinros,  have you had gallbladder checked ,by scan or costocontritis 
    • Posted

hi they said same thing to me ,when i said how bad is it , answer (I've seen worse) twelve months later  ten inch scar on stomach gall bladder had turned to mush.lollol

• Posted

So you had an unreasoned of your gallbladder and it showed up as normal? 

How did they finally realise your gallbladder was bad? 

What kind of pain was you feeling ? Sorry I know loads of questions I just haven’t had much luck talking to anyone about this 

• Posted

Hi robinrose ,collapsed middle of night ambulance right to hospital , and now just found out in UK , they are calling it none urgent operation , does that mean waiting till you drop down before they take Gallbladder out.    
  • Posted

I have lower  right abdominal mild pain.
  • Posted

Did you ever figure this out? I’ve had constant right rib pain for two months and had my gallbladder out but apparently this wasn’t the issue!!! :-( 
    • Posted

Hi!

They are Nausea, a lot of Burping, stomach aches, right rib pain and some left rib pain but not as much as the right. The right side has been pretty constant..... but I’ve had two ultrasounds of liver, CT Scan and two X-rays? And blood work that only shows slightly elevated liver enzymes but not enough to worry doctors?  I’m at a loss

• Posted

Oh and some burning in chest or throat area after I eat and sometimes it’s hard to swallow 
  • Posted

Hi robinrose,

I’ve has gastritis for years and right side pain is my primary symptom. My flare ups go from as low as my hip to as high as my ribs, and it ranges from a dull ache to a sharper, more acute pain (both always come and go in waves). 

Strangely, with regards to your case, gastritis pain is known to be relieved by laying down for many people. Myself included, until recently now I tend to get flare ups in the middle of the night while trying to sleep. But during the day, if I want the pain to stop, laying down on my right side can do the trick. 

I’m sure gastritis can affect people in many different ways, though. Based on the type of pain you’re having and the placement of it, I’d say it’s probably caused by gastritis, but of course you shouldn’t rule other things out. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.