Gastritis and stomach churning, trembling body

Posted , 10 users are following.

i have been diagnosed with H. Pylori and gastritis after an endoscopy.  Not only do I have burning pain in my stomach which radiates through to my back, but also a churning, shaking sensation in my stomach, which seems to make my whole body tremble and shake.   It is extremely debilitating amd unpleasant.  My stomach reacts to anything I eat or drink, so consequently I am losing weight as I am not eating enough.  Has anyone else experienced this and do you have any suggestions?   I do not have alcohol, coffee, tea, chocolate, dairy or wheat. I am on Omeprazole and ranitidine to reduce my acid.  

2 likes, 14 replies

14 Replies

• Posted

I feel your pain, I was just diagnosed with H Pylori yesterday and have had the same symptoms since the beginning of February. I was prescribed the same antacids, but I a want to try a more natural approach. I grabbed some Mastic Gum, Manuka Honey and DGL from my local health food store after receiving the news yesterday. I will let you know how it works for me. I hope you feel better!!
    • Posted

Hi April.     Do you have the stomach shaking, churning symptom which seems to make your whole body tremble too ?  I have not read of anyone having it before.   It makes me feel really unwell.   Let me know how you get on with the mastic gum etc.    i take manuka honey and slippery elm.  I am on so many other medications that it is difficult to fit them all in between, when you have to leave at least two hours between prescribed medicines and natural ones.
    • Posted

Yes, I was trembling so bad my husband thought it was a fever. I had him go buy a digital thermometer, but each time my temp would be normal. I will definitely keep you updated. I haven't started taking any of the prescriptions I was given, so I figured this would be a great time to start.
    • Posted

I am relieved to hear that the trembling must be due to the gastritis.  I was worrying that I might have something else as well.   I also am taking probiotics and vitamin C.  It is very difficult to fit everything in.   I also never know which supplements I can take together.    Keep in touch, it is a comfort to know that someone else is going through the same thing.   I hope you soon begin to start feeling better.
    • Posted

You need to go to a Nutritionist or dietition ..don't self medicate with Vitamins and MineralS they can react with medication and Vit C is Ascorbic Acid and can make matters worse .Take care .
    • Posted

I have seen a nutritionist who recommended the low acid vitamin C to me.  But she did not know much about taking both supplements and prescribed medication.    I shall be asking the pharmacist, hopefully he will be able to advise me.  Good luck , lets hope we all feel better very soon.
  • Posted

I have same issues. it gives me anxiety, pressure in stomach, skipped heart beats and total unwell feeling. 2 hours after I eat I feel so sick, that I am afraid to eat. My throat feels prickly from the reflux. I bought slippery elm, manuka honey, aloe  vera, and dgl ezymatic tablets today. I also drink chamomile tea, and eat yogurt and take probiotucs.  Now have to figure out how to incorporate all this.  Hope you will feel better soon. This is aweful. 
    • Posted

I also get the heart problems.  The cardiologist thinks that my atrial tachycardia is made much worse by the inflammation in my stomach.   Do you take the slippery elm capsules or powder to make a drink?  I use the powder and find that it separates and I have to keep stirring it.

• Posted

I am having a problem with this reply !   It keeps disappearing.   I also have trouble trying to fit all the supplements in.  Also with my many prescribed medications.  I get in a bit of a muddle, so have to write it all down.  I hope you start to feel better soon, keep in touch.
  • Posted

I only have these shaky feelings if I have a flare up of my Gastritis. I am struggling with a very sore throat which may or may not be acid refux .I take 20mg Omaprazole between 7 and 8am have breakfast an hour later take Aloe Vera juice and a spoonful of manuka 20+ honey and porridge with berries . I sip water through out day .after breakfast I chew 2 tabs Gavison ..seems to help throat .mid morning banana and yoga tea for the throat or Pukka ginger tea Lunch 2 rice cakes low fat cream cheese and smoked salmon .yoghurt or fruit smoothie ...just bought Nutrition Bullet best thing .I take Solar probiotic before food . 4pm cup of tea and cake .Dinner between 6 and 7pm try not to eat after 7pm .This is my sensitive period ..I have to be careful not to eat too much .I keep it simple often scramble egg or jacket potato or salmon or chicken with vegetables more yoghurt .I'm retired and li e on my own and find I'm better if I get moving throughout the day sitting too long is really bad as it squashes the stomach .I don't sleep well some nights I feel I don't sleep at all .I've raised bed an sleep on left side . I practice Mindfulness and yoga and visualise healing prana (energy) healing my sore throat and stomach .I also follow Mark Williams Finding Peace in Frantic World 8 week Mindfulness Course ..it's a life saver for me .Some GP can refer you to Mindfulness courses or a good yoga teacher will know where one is running in your area . Sorry for this long ramble but if it helps anyone then it's great ..Don't get fixated on too many health foods and adding too many different products .. do it one at a time . Food should be enjoyed and something to look forward to ..don't let it rule your every waking moment If you weren't allergic to gluten etc before all this flared up you probably are still ok to have it in smaller quantities . Good luck everyone out there .My son gets married on Saturday ..praying that I will be ok wish me luck !!
    • Posted

Hi Allison, thank you for your wonderful long reply. I shall be thinking of you on Saturday, I hope you feel ok and have a lovely day with your son and his new wife.  Funnily enough, when I first had H. pylori and ulcers 13 years ago, my son got married !  I was not able to eat very much on his wedding day, but had a good time and have happy memories of the day.

I also keep my diet simple and introduce a new food every other day.  I make a vegetable soup every couple of days with lots of cabbage and broccoli.    Mindfulness is a really good idea, I must see if I can find a course in my area. Stress certainly makes everything a lot worse..   Good luck on Saturday.

• Posted

I bought the slippery elm capsules.   Like I said I have not started on this routine, since I git all this info yesterday when I went to cardiologist. I had echocardiogram and heart monitor holter done, due to the tachardyia. 

I will keep updates when I start this regimen. I also need to put together a schedule.  Hope you are feelng better

• Posted

Hi,

I know this is an older thread. I am going through the same thing now. Also my anxiety is shooting up due to the PPIs. How did the mastic gum, DGL, slippery elm etc work for you?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.