Gastritis and stomach pain

Posted , 6 users are following.

When a person mentions he/she is experiencing stomach pain, exactly where is it? People often confuse the location of their stomach with other internal organs of the abdomen. The doctor told me I have gastritis and my symptoms are pain around the belly button and difficulty belching, no nausea. For those who are experiencing the same issue, please help me out. I've been going through this for a month now. My stools also look very weird. There always seems to be a string like an appearance attached to the end of the feces. I've sent a stool sample but everything was reported fine.

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

I have a feeling the pain is not associated with gastritis. The pain really hits near the belly button. Someone, please help! 
    • Posted

That's where gastritis pain usually is when I have gastritis. if it doesn't get better with treatment contact your doctor

• Posted

Can you describe to me your symptoms when experiencing gastritis? It seems like it's been affecting my stools too. I've been prescribed sucralfate but hasn't been doing much.

• Posted

I usually have pain in belly button and diahrea if the meds don't make you better you should go back to your doctor. this has lasted for too long have you been getting worse that 1 month?

• Posted

I feel terrible these past couple days. My prescribed medication doesn't seem to be helping at all. How do I know this is something with my stomach and not the colon? 

• Posted

Have you got some sort of laxative to take? If so try that.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.