Gastritis and very sore throat

Posted , 3 users are following.

I have Gastritis and constipation which makes things worse . I'm on Lansoprazole 30mg and thinking og changing or stopping and just taking Gavison Advance .. There's so much out there in terms of diet .. FODMAP DIET Alkaline diet ..all contradicting each other as to what food to eat .I take Aloe Vera juice in the morning with Manuka Honey .eat a very healthy diet small and often don't eat or drink after 7pm No wine or spicy food cutting out coffee and drink herbal teas ..and gargle with salt water which actually helps throat .What more can I do ..advice needed please biggrin

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi Alison,

Firstly do not rush into stopping the lansoprazole. If you have gastritis, it's caused by excess stomach acid. Lansoprazole reduces that. If you think your costipation may be caused by the lansoprazole, discuss it with your doctor and try a diffrenet PPI (omeprazole or pantoprazole). Gaviscon is good as a back up. (There's no advantage in using the Advance version though and generic heartburn liquids are available.)

The various diets are fads which research has failed to endorse. And there are many misconceptions and myths about what you should or shouldn't eat - particularly involving wine, spicy foods and coffee. You only need to stop these if you have discovered they are trigger foods particular to you.

See the free book / website www DownWithAcid org uk for more information and advice on the management of acid and reflux.

• Posted

Thank you really helpful and book is interesting as well . My problem is stress which Im trying to manage...thanks again words of comfort really help .Best Wishes
  • Posted

I've just been diagnosed with mild antral gastritis but I'm still getting lots of discomfort and burning pain in my stomach and sides and back. Is this normal. Had an endoscopy so no ulcers or anything. Is yours mild or not ?
    • Posted

At GPS now ! Will ask ... !!! I have lower left back ache which rumbles and twitches sometime .Bloated tummy and sore rib cage can't wear bra or anything tight round waist .Usually after eating very small meals . Im also constipated despite eating very healthy diet.My tummy hurts if I dont go to loo every day .My problem is excrutiating sore throat since taking Lansoprazole going for tests at ENT .what tablets are you on .You should be able to manage mild Gastritis naturally by diet..GPS very quick to put you on PPIS ..Read up and ask lots of questions. This site is very good and check out Drugs.com for drug info .go to professional section . Good luck
    • Posted

Thanks Alison. I hope you got on ok. Have been on ppi since Xmas when it first started. Lansoprazole and ranitidine. Omeprazole did nothing x
    • Posted

Hi I've just changed to Omeprazole !!and had the best day for along time .What's rantidine?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.