Gastritis anyone?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Can anyone help me with my symptoms please. I really would like to know what your symptoms are with chronic gastritis? I have pain in my upper abdomen about 2 inches above my belly button. My pain is a constant dull ache/twinge, it's always there 24/7. Sometimes it feels like I have done 100 sit ups (like sore muscles in my stomach area) sometimes I feel like the bottom of my ribs are sore as well. I feel full quick after eating and also get a back ache as well. Scope a few years back only showed mild inflammation & no hpylori. Any input from anyone would be greatly appreciated. Docs say ibs but I don't buy it 😞

0 likes, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

Hi Pam.   I have just been diagnosed after an endoscopy with severe gastritis and H. pylori.   My symptoms are a burning pain which is in the middle a t the bottom of my ribcage, about 2-3 inches above belly button. Also burning pain further over to the right.  Also pain going up my back towards my shoulders.   The inflammation on the photos the Gastro enterologist showed me is at the bottom of my oesophagus and where my stomach goes into my duodenum.  It sounds as though you may have inflammation at the bottom of your osophagus too.  Why dont you ask for another endoscopy to give you peace of mind.  I wish I had had mine sooner when I started having pain.  My gastritis would not be so bad if I had. My last endoscopy was 3 years ago and then I just had mild gastritis.   Good luck and let us know how you get on.  I hope yours is ok
    • Posted

Thx so much for your reply! Is your pain constant? Feel full after eating? Any bloating? What are you doing now for treatment?
    • Posted

I have pain on the right under my ribs. Ct scan normal and no gall bladder. A dr had suggested acid reflux....does it really hurt on the side with that. I have had gastritis and it burns my esophagus but this is a dull ache to the side.
    • Posted

No, my pain is not constant.  I am on Omeprazole, ranitidine and liquid carafate and they are helping to lessen the pain.  I find I cannot eat very much, but I do feel full after eating very little and occasionally feel a bit bloated.  I will apparently be having 5 days of two antibiotics with omeprazole, followed straight away by two different AB's with omep and bismuth for a further 5 days, to eradicate the H. pylori.

i am not eating anything likely to make the inflammation worse, so no alcohol, coffee, chocolate, dairy or wheat.  But lots of veg, fruit, fish, some chicken, homemade soups, eggs.

• Posted

I dont know if it hurts on the side with acid reflux.  Perhaps referred pain.  Have you seen a gastroenterologist ?
    • Posted

My pain isn't on the side it's in the middle, where is your pain? I did see a gastro do a few years ago.
    • Posted

I have seen gasto many times.....getting bounced between drs....going back in 2 days. It hurts to the touch.
    • Posted

Mine hurts if I press in the middle at the bottom of my ribcage.
  • Posted

I forgot to say I have mild nausea at times and feel very tired.  Also cant eat very much because of the pain sometimes.  I also have other medical problems, so some of this could be due to them !
  • Posted

Pam, Have you been to a gastro doc lately?  I know you said scope few years back, but if you have these symptoms constantly, somebody needs to find out why. 
  • Posted

Need to make sure there is nothing going on with your pancreas, etc...
    • Posted

Not lately, no, but had all the blood work done to check pancreas and liver etc all was fine. I have been having these flares for awhile now and they come and go. Was just wondering about gastritis, I thought you could have constantly pain?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.