Gastritis anyone?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hey guys so recently I've had a endoscopy done and the diagnosis is chronic gastritis. My symptom are constant belching, shortness of breathe, chest discomfort (left side) I just wanna know if anyone else has this or knows anything. The doc still wants me to get a gluten intolerance blood test done and then after he wants to talk to me about they they think is going on with me.

1 like, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I had this. My symptoms were exactly the same as yours. Do you ever have/ or ever taken ibuprofen/aspirin or suffer from a lot of stress? You need to take a ppi for 6 wks and eat plain food, no spices, caffeine or alcohol. Good luck.
    • Posted

I take iboprophen when needed and I can say I do have a lot of stress due to school and just worrying about what's going on with me. Maybe I do need to eat plain things because lately I've just been eating whatever I like which isn't the healthiest choices. Thank you for your advice

• Posted

You're welcome. Stay away from ibuprofen and aspirin, if your stomach is already irritated, then they can easily cause ulcers and then you're in trouble. I had severe gastritis and ulcers due to taking aspirin for an injury and they were near to bursting. I also suffer a lot of stress due to an anxiety disorder. But the ppi's did sort me out. Along with eating plain food such as plain chicken/fish, potatoes, pasta, veg. Stay away from anything acidic for a while.

• Posted

Good idea getting the Gluten test done - was the biopsy from the endoscope suspicious? My husband had an atypical biopsy - the doc said it sort of looks like coeliac disease and asked  for a blood test to be done and it turned out to be Coeliac Disease. He doesn't have the reflux, I do! Sympathise with you symptoms hope the doc can put you on the right path - sounds like he is on the ball

• Posted

Well from what the doc. Saw as he was doing the endoscopy he said my esophagus and stomach all look as they should just a little redness but he did biopsys anyways. And the biopsy came back positive for gastritis or other possible things like celiac sprue, gluten Intolerance and some other stuff. I hope this is a good start for me. Thank you
    • Posted

Glad the damage isn't too extensive and that it's at the irritation stage. Hope you get all answers soon and feel well again.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.