Gastritis - Anyone have any positive encouragement?

Posted , 5 users are following.

Dear all

Having read an abundance of really depressing posts that really don't help with positivity in trying to cope with reflux gastritis, I wondered if anyone had anything positive to say regarding tips for managing, whether the symptoms change along the way (mine have), etc

Joanne x

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi , yeah gastritis is terrible to deal with , some severe , some mild , still uncomfortable . Here are some tips how to feel better if not cure , in some folks drinking aloe vera juice , drink ginger tea , drink rice milk , a bland diet using coconut oil have been cured , either way it helps . Also prilosec OTC can help symptoms .. Best wishes to you

• Posted

There are anti-biotics available for colitis by prescription. Ask your doctor.

• Posted

Joycy,

Don't try to read through internet comments and try to diagnose the disease or problem yourself. It will always give you depression. Internet is the right place to diagnose a problem. A Doctor your trust can only help you the best. However you can use internet, read comments and discuss if someone has got a positive review about a medicine or cure.

I understand gastritis can be frustrating, and I got it for 2 years because of hpylori. Fortunately I am ok now. I got it sorted out by antibiotics prescribed by my doctor.

If you have infection the change in habits won't help unless the infection is cured. Once that's done, you can concentrate on your food and lifestyle habits to get gastritis under control.

If it's happening because of acidity or food, then you should try atleast 3-4 glass of water in morning as habit. Try it if it may help.

• Posted

I meant to say:

**Internet is NOT the right place to diagnose a problem **

• Posted

Hi Joanne

The main positive aspect to Gastritis is that is does go!! but you do need to know what are the triggers, ie stress, smoking, chocolate, coffee etc etc, managing your lifestyle/diet will really help and hopefully it will occur less๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜Š

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.