Gastritis for 1.4 years

Posted , 3 users are following.

I’ve been feeling discomfort in my abdomen for a year now (since last year November). I went to the hospital and I was told it was gastritis. I’ve visited the gastrointestinal doctor more than 3 times in this year. The pain that extends to my back sometimes, heartburn, pain after eating, loud rumbles from stomach (which gave me anxiety), flatulence, passing wind often, are still my symptoms.

*My anxiety makes it hard to meet with others. It gets very bad in class but I try to manage the situation. The loud rumbling sounds makes me feel embarassed and sometimes I don't feel like attending classes or going anywhere.

In march, After the doctor gave me drugs (omeprazole) I began to feel better but not 100%. I went back last month with the same complaint ( milder) and he gave me Trimedat and hermital( which is a pancreatin drug). I’m starting to feel as bad as before.*

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Edited

Hi Jane,

Thank you for sharing your story.

I've been experiencing stomach issues (similar to yours) for the past 8 months. Around April, I was experiencing extreme nausea after eating, heartburn, belching, bloating, and black stool. Around the 4/5 month mark, I had an upper endoscopy and was diagnosed with gastritis. The doctor took biopsies and was able to rule out Celiac's disease, cancer, and H. pylori. I was prescribed omerprazole 40 mg and sucralfate. After taking these medications consistently for about two months straight, I haven't seen any improvement and symptoms seem to be getting worse. Now, my symptoms include tenderness/sharp pain where the stomach is located, pain radiating to the back, extreme nausea/bloating after eating, loss of appetite (there are also some days where I don't eat much just to avoid the pain), belching, very gassy (stomach rumbles), and constipation. My doctor now thinks I may also have IBS. He prescribed me dicyclamine and the side effects were awful. I'm going for a second opinion next week, so I will keep you updated.

How do you feel when you eat? Do you find that your stomach has a hard time digesting the food?

• Posted

I’m sorry to hear that. I hope you'll get better soon. When I eat I feel pain and heartburn. it feels like my stomach is having a hard time digesting food.

• Posted

if you find any answers please post about them! I will of course do the same

• Posted

So I went to the same doctor last week. he prescribed omeprazole again,drotaverine and пробифид (I'm studying in russia btw) and it started working after 2 days. All my symptoms disappeared. I’m still on these drugs for 10 more days. I’m happy it turned out well. I hope you find a solution to your problem also.

• Edited

Hi! I've been dealing with upper abdominal discomfort for three months now. It gets a bit better sometimes but it's constant. My GP diagnosed me with gastritis and put me on pantoprazole 40mg. But even with the medications, the discomfort doesn't heal completely ig. I'm not sure what I can do to heal this. Sometimes it gets so uncomfortable that sitting down becomes quite a task lol

I've changed many docs now and they just stick a PPI on me and that does not help

I'm trying to cut down certain foods, already gave up on coffee 😦

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.