Gastritis for 1 month?

Posted , 5 users are following.

I've come to this forum to look further into my symptoms and hopefully receive some advice. So, I recently had an endoscopy and was concluded that my stomach was inflamed and that there was acid surrounding the area. I was told this was Gastritis. My symptoms are just pain near the belly area, which is very dull that come and go away throughout the day. Sometimes I wonder if I'm actually experiencing any pain at all. I experience no nausea. Most of the times I can hear gurgling sounds in my stomach, when I drink water or when I'm just sitting. Others have told me this is nothing but I'm almost confident that this is a symptom. I have had this sort of pain happen last year, for the same period of time but usually goes away and comes back randomly. I'm becoming more and more anxious. Please help me out. Thank you.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I've had ultrasound, x-ray, stool sample tests but all didn't indicate anything particular. All came back well. I remember experiencing all of this right after a terrible stomach pain after dinner when I decided to eat cookies after a meal. Then, it progressed and progressed days after and is still going. It's been a month now.

• Posted

Stick to plain foods.  Were you prescribed a PPI to protect your stomach? Gastritis can take time to heal,  Accept the diagnosis,
  • Posted

I have had gastrstis for a long time now. Mine all started with a dose of antibiotics that i believe damaged my stomach.

You have to stay away from foods that  cause a flare up, or I do, not all many spices, no red meat in the evenings, NO GARLIC, nightmare for me, although I love the flavour, chocolate, onions, even items with cinnamon, which I love, but it doesn;t love me.  Find I can eat something with cinnamon up to about lunchtime after that NO.

When I get a flare, I can help myself, with discomfort by staying away from above foods, also milk seems to be something that helps settle down angry tum, warm milk, and sip slowly, also releases gasses.

Anxious DO NOT GET anxious, I can hear you say, thats useless information, but you must control it as the more anxious you get the more acid your stomch is producing, and therefore you are caught up in a vicious circle.

• Posted

How long have you had gastritis?  Any reason why it hasn't healed yet? 

• Posted

Chuck - On and off for 30 years, have had endoscopy and all it proved was I did have inflamed tum, but nothing more serious. 

I have mine intermitantly, very much related to food I eat, had a lovely restaurant meal of Pasta with mushrooms, as soon as I tried it i knew there was garlic in it, but tasted too nice to not eat, paid for that meal for weeks afterwards. 

Cannot eat red meat for dinner, gives me the most horrible indigestion, Dad had exactly the same, and brother has same, so there has to be a family connection.

I also suffer from psorasis, and psorasis arthiritis, have been told that I have lesions in bowles, colonoscopy, which worried the Dr a little, they did again and again, and all the samples they took came back normal, nothing to worry about I am told.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.