Gastritis for 3 years and counting.

Posted , 4 users are following.

3 years ago I got acidity problems more often and when I drank a sour juice one night I woke up in a terrible pain and vomitted very sour liquid. Since then my gastritis journey began. Prior going to the doctor I took omeprazole 20 mg. It seemed to do the trick at first but then I soon got hunger pains in which I searched even doctors don't know why. As I got the chance, I went to the doctor and had an endoscopy. Doctor got a good look and took a biopsy sample. Doctor said there were just small scratches and there is nothing to worry about. He prescribed me rabeprazole another type of PPI. After some time about 2-3 Weeks, I went for another endoscopy to check whether it healed me. The doctor said it already healed but I argued it was still the same that I felt. He said that its just like that but its already okay. He gave me another brand of PPI and said to take it for the next 2 weeks. It didn't get better. I have been using PPI on and off because I have read that continous usage of PPI might result to other diseases and even cancer. I was searching the internet for cures for this sickness but it seems others don't know how. I was diagnosed having chronic atropic gastritis.

Is there a cure for this? I am currently just 22 it started when I was 19. It is so hard to live with this sickness as it affects your quality of life, almost everyday as around 30 minutes after I wake up in the morning the burning pain starts. When I eat it subsides but after 2-3 hours burning pain comes back.

Do I have to deal with this forever?

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

There is another thread on this site titled "How I cured my gastritis" which I highly recommend reading if you haven't already.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.