Gastritis from all blood pressure pills

Posted , 3 users are following.

this has been on going for 2 years now. I finally figured out that blood pressure pills give me severe gastritis and esophagitis. I have taken them all. I have had endoscopy done. nobody knew why. I stopped the pills I got better but my blood pressure went back up. it seems all blood pressure pills effect my stomach the same way. has anybody else had this problem or know a fix because I never had stomach issues or problems until I started blood pressure meds.it gets so bad I can't eat or sleep. please if anybody has this let me know what the fix is

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Without naming the blood pressure pills you have taken it would be difficult to help you.

• Posted

valsartan. olmesartan. telimesartan. ramipril. atenololnow I'm on amplodine. 2.5 mg. after being on it for 3 months the burning is starting again.

• Posted

Try Losartan. Comes in 25mg, 50mg or 100mg. Rx needed. Works great. No side effects.

• Posted

same here. i have been suffering

• Posted

has anything worked for u at all. what meds have u tried.

• Posted

i have been on the meds for alittle over a year and the pain just started one month ago. i was eating alot of french fries (without salt) and thats when i really started. is it anything related to your diet or maybe stress. i have gone to a naturopath who has help with some relieve.

• Posted

it only happens when I been on the pills for a few months. it gets so bad I have to stop taking the pills. when I'm off the pills I don't get the relentless burning pain. it goes away but blood pressure goes up when I'm off the pills

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.