gastritis/gerd

Posted , 3 users are following.

for the past week or two ive struggled with several horrible symptoms nausea chest/rib pain, loss of appetite, bloating, shaking, weakness, fatigue ... can anyone relate ?

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I had all those symptoms for ages..before being diagnosd with H.Pylori infection.. not saying you have it..but you can get a stool test done to see if you have it..

• Posted

See your doctor and ask about gastritis and h pylori. In the meantime, try a food diary.

• Posted

the dr diagnosed me with gastritis just based off my symptoms i didnt do a test or anything

• Posted

In that case, accept your diagnosis and stick to a bland diet avoiding rich, spicy and fatty foods in the meantime.. Doctors only order tests if they can't diagnose you based on your symptoms. or they need to rule out other causes.However, your doctor sounds confident in his diagnosis. Try diet change for a few weeks and if there is no improvement, go back to your doctor and ask for an h pylori stool test. These conditions often go together.

• Posted

i went back to the clinic i was given nexium n told that if symptoms dont improve come back for an endoscopy

• Posted

An endoscopy would pick up gastritis and h pylori; hopefully you won't need it.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.