Gastritis, h pylori, inflammation in gut and 10kg+ weight loss in 30 days

Posted , 4 users are following.

About a month ago a doctor prescribed that I might have gastritis. He gave me some antibiotics and I got the endoscopy done. The endoscopy showed some traces of h.pylori and moderate inflamation in the gut.  I took antibiotics for 8 days and then moved to some simple medicine. Three days ago I tested myself for hpylori and the blood test revealed hpylori igA as 8.9 & igG as 13.1 U/ml. The problem is I still have uncomfortable pain in my stomach. Sometimes the stomach feels heave, otherwise I feel a slight pain in the right side of the stomach. As this can lead to cancer and ulcers I am very worried.

On top of medication I have given up on omega 6 oils, beef, chicken, spices, alcohol and salt. I am taking some natural herbs as well. I tried making kefir but failed. I also am eating prunes (3-6 daily) and some nuts. Can I live a normal life? I am also taking fiber supplements and sometime omega 3 as well as a multivitamin.

What shall I do?

1 like, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Please tell me you are not taking Krill Oil,  it really really disagrees with me, in fact seems to cause gastritis in my case, also a neighbour who was battling a really nasty dose of gastritis and dr's could not find the cause, she cut out Krill oil, problem solved. 

I take omega 3 as odourless fish oil, and or flax oil, works well for me now.

?Also eat no cinnamon, tasty I know but doesn't seem to help with my gastritis, garlic is my most deadly enemy, could that be in your multivitamin.

Dinner in my life is a piece of fish, with some greens, not fried or chicken, red meat a no no later in the day, and or milky rice dish, try eliminating potatoes and tomatoes, they are both in the deadly nightshade family and I notice they make me worse, so even though I enjoy, keep levels I eat small.

• Posted

Hi Lyn. Thanks for your reply. No I am not taking krill oil. Only olive oil, once in a while a bit of butter, rye or wholeweat bread. Veggies soup (grinder). Lots of fiber supplement with water. A bit of fish I tried. I am thinking to eat sardines. Had salmon in breakfast. 

I thought garilic is suppose to help. This routine is tough on me. I was a meat eater and a coffee drinker among other things. Right now it's only Vegies.

Today I tried sweet potato juice: I took 10 sweet potatoes (skinless) + 1 red pepper + 1 apple + some dried parsley + 1 beer root. Will update tomorrow how the stomach feels. 

How do I know if it's all getting better or worst.easiest way to know hpylori is dead for food?

I was taking a lot of cinnamon. Will avoid hereon. Even no tomato sad here goes my savior.

• Posted

Your stomach can feel quite sore after h pylori and the strong antibiotics. Go back to your doctor to get a retest for h pylori in case it has come back,  H pylori can cause gastritis. Try eating a bland diet, avoiding  rich, fatty and spicy foods.
    • Posted

I did a blood test for h pylori and igG showed up as 13.1 & igA as 8.9. As per test the numbers are well in range. Can it go to zero? How do I know if I am still positive? 

• Posted

Today I tried a sweet potato juice. It's supppsed be be drank before food but I had it afterward. It seemed to have calmed down much pain. I took 10 sweet potatoes (skinless) + 1 red pepper + 1 apple + some dried parsley + 1 beer root. Will update tomorrow how the stomach feels. Today I also took some lamb stew no meat for first time with plent of Vegies. Keeping fingers crossed.

• Posted

Ask your doctor to retest for H pylori to find out if you still have the infection.  Ask about what your readings mean.   It is reassuring that some of your diet changes are helping.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.