Gastritis healing duration

Posted , 5 users are following.

Greetings everyone.

I've been diagnosed with gastritis 35 days ago. I was given omeprazole and anti-vomiting tablets. I quit eating everything solid and relied on fruit juice. The problem is I'm feeling nauseous and i vomit even when i don't eat/drink everything the whole day. I can't go to a public place without the fear of vomiting, i feel like my life has stopped because medicine didn't help me at all. I went to see another doctor and after describing everything in details, he gave me the same perception and told me to come back after 10 days. I'm sick of the situation and i have a feeling that doctors are doing nothing to help me. Plus college will start soon and i'm afraid of what will happen then. Please help.

1 like, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Hi Incr38195

Just drinking fruit juice will not help..you have to eat something solid to alleviate the nausea...try eating small amounts of solid food ....dont eat spicey or fried foods or fizzy drinks...eat blandly cooked food..cook in coconut oil and water...eat chicken, fish, veggies although not too much brocolli or cabbage it causes gas.....and some fruit no citrus.....eat mango, peach with plain yogurt drink plenty water and take probiotic tabs...best wishes....

• Posted

Thank you for sharing your valuable information. I started eating solid fruits as a start and I'm feeling better today. I'll be introducing healthy solid food slowly. Again, I thank you for relieving my feelings smile .

• Posted

Hi Incr38195

Your welcome!..more than happy to be if some help..yes that's it introduce healthy foods slowly.....so pleased your feeling better....enjoy college when you go back..my very best wishes to you.....

• Posted

I suffer from grsitrsis, have for years now, if i eat certain foods it really flares up, garlic a nightmare, and even i get caught out occasionally, especially with food prepared by someone else, I don't buy it.

When I am having a flare drink more milk, even watered down warm milk, yukkkk, but it seems to help me, sip slowly, yoghurt, chicken, vegetables, I make a vegetable stew, tin of tomotoes, add carrots, this is where you can add a white onion or red onion, leeks, celery, cabbage, and stew slowly for about 2 hours, yummmmm, NO CHOCOLATE, NO GARLIC,  Beef for dinner is out, gives be severe indigestion. watch out for preserved meats, ham, etc, again mostly a problem for me.  Fish is a big part of my diet, I enjoy fish dishes, very simple with no extras added, fillets, dusted in flour and simply fried in rice oil, just a tiny amount of oil.

• Posted

I'm sorry to hear that your suffering for gastritis. As for garlic, I was taking it with yoghurt and i think it's behind me feeling full. I'll exclude it from my diet. I was staying away from tomatoes, onion and fish. But now, I'm feeling happy that i can get them back on my dishes. I'm learning how to make the stew as I'm going for student dormitory in preparation for the next semester. I'm greatful for your advices and recipes, and i hope you get better soon.

• Posted

Wow, so sorry you are experiencing this. I have suffered from Heart burn for years and mine has recently gotten so bad that I'm nauseaus all the time, even have body aches and can barely eat. I dont throw up, i cant imagine what you are going through. I'm going for my endo and colonoscopy Monday to hopefully get answers.

From my experience eating little bits during the day helped with my nausea when I was pregnant. You have to eat something other than juice, keep going to your Dr until they find something to help you.

• Posted

Well, I changed my fruit juice diet to include some solid fruits and boiled chicken meat and fish but today i got a severe vomiting which lasted for 2 hours. After that, i went for another doctor and he said that my prescriptions were written by ignorant and non experienced doctors, although all of them were well-known doctors with good reputations. Anyways, he gave me an appointment for endoscopy in the next Thursday. I hope he'll find something others missed.

• Posted

Hi incr38195

So sorry to gear the solid food made you nauseus...i do hope your feeling a bit better now......what meds were you prescribed by the ignorant doctor....

• Posted

My old prescription consists of Omeprazole, Premosan and 6 Amikacin injections.

After i underwent gastroscopy, the doctor said i have Gastroparesis and gave me Domperidone tablets.

I started to feel better and i can eat normally without any nausea or vomiting, although i still get nausea in public places which i think is some anxiety.

• Posted

Hi Incr38195

So pleased to hear your new med helps your nausea when eating solid foods...the nausea and anxiety in public places is psychological you can get therapy to help you with that...ask your doc about it...best wishes...

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.