Gastritis Heartburn

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi

I have had Gastritis for 5-6 weeks finally it seems to be improving on 40mg Omeprazole. However I get intermittent heartburn, maybe this down to something I have eaten even though I am eating a bland diet and avoiding acidic foods etc. Has this happened to anyone else? How long does it take for Gastritis to heal? I am fed up with it!

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Edited

i heard those ppi cause acid rebound , i took pantoprazol for 10 days , today is the 8th day without them and i have bad acid in my stomach!

• Edited

Hi I have read this too. I want to come off the PPi but when I cut down I got stabbing and sore pains in stomach, so I will continue for the 4 weeks which Dr recommended, then hopefully be able to get off them.

• Posted

I m feeling sorry for you

I had a indigestion for a couple years on and off

then last September (2019) it got really bad, every day and pressure in my chest too.

I went to see Gap, got tested for H- pylari , positive 😦 .I thought ok at least I got an answer , week of antibiotics , indigestion improved but stomach pressure and bloating was still there

tested for h -pylari again still havent cleared , another, different lot of antibiotics.

now in March 3 rd test- negative

well .... guess what 😦

we are in May now ,my stomach still not right , if not pressure its indigestion , if not that its bloating , pain on the left upper right and all sorts

because pain and discomfort travels doctor is not concerned, well I m

and I m fed up and tyred , no normal life since September

good luck and hope you will get sorted

• Posted

Hi Thank you. Did you have Gastritis as well? I tested negative for H Pylori but have all the symptoms you describe. I am so fed up with it! I can't understand how the stomach pains have calmed right down, but I got bad heartburn last night on 40mg Omeprazole. The only thing I ate different was a rice cake maybe that aggravated things.

• Edited

nobody have diagnosed me with Gastritis, doc said h pylari can cose sore stomach

I dont think 8 month is normal

it is hard , now even worth, cant see Gp

I m so fed up of it

• Posted

not sure if anyone still reading this ,

after hpylari treated successfully .

I m still in pain 😦

cant cope no more

called GP over phone consultation

10 min after ,he said time is up 😦

prescribed 30 days of 30mh omeprazole , detergent its health anxiety and GERD .

i told him i havent been pain or discomfort free for 8 month, pain under my rib cage ,pressure

now I n worried about it so much - my shoulders so tense , pain all a way down my neck , feels like lump in my throat

I m so so fed up guys

hope you all sorted

• Posted

Try oats and organic oat milk, this resolved my gastritis in 2 weeks.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.