Gastritis help

Posted , 3 users are following.

My son has been having this abdominal pain with back pain. Doctor diagnosed him with gastritis. He was prescribe to take Zantac 150mg one’s to twice a day. It doesn’t seem to help him.  Had the H pylori test done and it came out negative. He’s just been in pain. Please help. 

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Left side or right side of abdomen?, If right side do ultrasound and HIDA scan for gallbladder , for left side diet control (low fat/protein/oily/acidic foods )is needed in addition to medicine.
    • Posted

The pain is more like all Over his abdomen. Felling nausea at times. He had gallbladder scan at the ER last week and it was negative. Zantac 150mg and tums seems like it doesn’t work. 
    • Posted

Hi! Yes he was diagnose with gastritis and prescribe to drink Zantac 150mg and anti acids between. Thank you for your advice. Greatly appreciated. 
    • Posted

i also want to give one more suggestion since your son is young age. Diet plays important role in curing the gastritis, so please ask to switch to gastritis diet and keep gastritis and acid reflux under control. I got initially gastritis and after 7 to 10 years i got Barrett esophagus without dyspepsia. whenever if felt good .. i had lot of junk foods from restaurants and at home which ended up with more problems with barrets.Just my piece of advice .. prevention is always better.
  • Posted

Ask for a PPI which are stronger and try a food diary.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.