Gastritis, Hiatial Hernia, or Acid Reflux?

Posted , 6 users are following.

I'm not sure which I have. Here are my symptoms:

It started with bloating, stomach cramps after eating, dull chest pain, and burping/regurgitating food. I also had some nausea on empty stomach. I took nexium for 2 weeks and ate a super bland diet and I felt much better. When I started to feel better I started eating bad again and went back to spicy, acidic foods. Now it seems I have symptoms again, but this time a little different. I still burp/regurgitate food, but now I feel like it hurts to swallow food sometimes - like something is stuck in my throat behind my sternum area, and I get the heartburn feelings too after eating.

I don't really wanna go to Dr yet bc my insurance is terrible so it's very expensive, and when I eat blandly it does seem to go away. Thoughts?

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Hi there. You know the old saying. When I do this It hurts. Well then stop doing that. No pun intended. That is for spicy foods ok. Now the pain in throat could be acid reflux. The acids from stomach shoot up your esophagus causing burning and unpleasant feeling of something stuck in your throat. Try a acid reducer like pepcid or prisolec. Take as recommended. And stay away from spicy foods ok. Try a bland diet for a couple of weeks to see how you feel. I know it's hard to eat bland food but try it you might like the outcome. Anyhoo see how ya do. Hope this will help you Philly. GoOD LuCk. Bye.😎

• Posted

My thing is though that I did do the bland diet for about a month, and it did help. But now that I started eating normal again it came back - so do I have something maybe more serious wrong that needs Dr to fix and just eating bland won't cure it. I don't want to eat bland forever lol =( a month was hard enough!!

• Posted

Eat blandly again; some foods may not be agreeing with you.
  • Posted

Well you didn't get these symptoms overnight and they're not going to go away overnight I would definitely keep up with the way you're eating the bland diet stay away from spicy foods you didn't get this overnight and it's not going to go away overnight you did not get this overnight

• Posted

I am sorry this conversation repeated itself but that's what happens when you do talk and text I would try this plan diet for a couple months and I would definitely get some over-the-counter antacids to get this stomach to heal before you start going back to the way you were eating before your stomach has to heal so give it time and drink a lot of water and stay away from the acetic Foods it isn't always the best but you got to give your stomach time to heal

• Posted

Yeah I'm going to try doing that again =( It just sucks bc I don't want to eat bland forever lol =( a month was hard enough!!

• Posted

Sounds like GERD. You have to allow your body time to heal. You cannot revert to a bad diet the moment you feel better. That's the mistake a lot of people, myself included, have made. Maybe go back on the nexium and try over the counter antacid for immediate relief. Stick to bland diet for a few months. Try probiotics.

• Posted

Yeah I'm going to try doing that again =( It just sucks bc I don't want to eat bland forever lol =( a month was hard enough!!

• Posted

Dear one, i my self was suffering from severe and multiple sromach ailments. I was in search of proper remedy apart from allopathy since it failed to deliver any respite from my on going problem. I was so mentaly tired i serach high and low on net (including tarrot, astrology and prayer organizations who pray foe you). Then finally i got two homeopathy biochemic medicine which relieved me of almost all my stomach problem. You can also try them. One is biochemic combination of natrum sulph, natrum phosphoricum and silecia known as combination 25 and other is carduss marianus pentarkan.... try it it is harmless with no side effects.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.