Gastritis? horrible stomach pain for a week 24 7 !! When will this stop!!? :(

Posted , 9 users are following.

I've had horrible stomach pain for 6 days now no let up went to the dr yesterday and they perscibed me carafate 3 times per day! My stomach is hurting so bad upper middle section non stop - bubbly painful hurts to lay on and it's making me nauseous! Haven't had a scope yet trying to avoid it! Can carafate heal gastritis or an ulcer alone? And would this be constant pain

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I've not heard of that meds. Was you diagnosed like me with just an examination with stethoscope I was told possibly gastritis I'm currently sitting upright on sofa two hot water bottles on my lower back to try n burn out the pain, and a wheatie bag wrapped round my left side trying to get rid of that pain. I've been like this 11 weeks but back pain has started around 2 weeks ago

• Posted

I was almost giving up until i found a doctor who prescribed 2 antibiotics a ppi and carafate. The paint stopped the next day i got this treatment. But i went true 11 doctors and all tests you can posible think about. This doc saved my life. It lastes 71 days. But stopped the next day i found this guy..
  • Posted

If it makes it go away - brilliant - it was simple gastritis/peptic ulcer.

If it doesn't - you need to be scoped.

When they do endoscopy - they can test for H Pylori infection and Gastric Ca (Very rare - but important to rule out).

• Posted

Try a food diary to see if any food is irritating your stomach.  Stick to a bland diet and avoid anything rich, spicy and fatty. Try the medication you have been prescribed and persevere with it and finish the course.  Do not worry because anxiety will irritate the stomach further.  If you are no better after finishing your medication, see your doctor again.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.