Gastritis - how does it feel in lay person terms?

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi. Been struggling the last 6-8 weeks with various symptoms that all seem to stem from abdominal pain.

I had a very acidic stomach and the GP suggested it might be a touch of mild gastritis. He suggested probiotics and I did feel a bit better after a week.

However, I still have varying different issues in my stomach as follows:

* A mild burning pain in the lower stomach ( the pit)

* Pain under both rib cages that feels stitch like ( worse after eating)

Neither of these cause me too much discomfort but are both noticeable and frustrating as they aren't going away.

Other linked symptoms seem to be a constant dry mouth and a 'creeping sensation under the skin (everywhere) that makes me want to scratch.

Would gastritis, assuming it is that, cause pain in such different parts of the abdomen? Does it get better? My GP doesn't seem overly concerned.

Also, I have a full appetite, whereas most people with gastritis report a loss is appetite. Strange set of symptoms and an abdominal ultrasound showed nothing.

Frustrating isn't the word. Please share any thoughts you may have.

Thanks

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Looks to me like you have issue with gallbladder... ask your doctor for more tests..
  • Posted

A doctor that suggests but is not positive means you need another doctor.
  • Posted

My mum had the burning sensation she went for ultrasound and endoscopy both picked up a polyp on her gallbladder 
    • Posted

Well endoscopy could not pick anything related gallbladder.... but gastritis... that feels like burning sensation... ultrasound and ct whatever is different story...

Did your mum get gb removed?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.