Gastritis or gallbladder?

Posted , 3 users are following.

i have gastritis but im getting symptoms that seem to be different than the symptoms of gastritis ive had before..in the beginning of may i started having non stop belching then couple weeks ago i had pain at the bottom of the sternum when taking a deep breath which was relieved by a burp. Then i started having sharp pain right under the right breast, the ribs were sore to touch.

The sharp pain then migrated up into the sternum and i was getting sharp painful spasms that lasted only a second. I was given omeprazole and sucralfate but im not really noticing much improvement besides the spasms stopping. I have pain that goes into the sternum even when laying down. And i hear gurgling and growling mostly when laying down too. The reason i thought it was gallbladder issues was because of the pain under the breast, which went through to the back.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

The pain your feeling under under your rib cage is probably diaphragm pain due to the inflammation of the esophagus.

I feel your pain..

Hope you can get it resolved

• Posted

yea that could be it too, didnt think of that. I hope so, its really annoying

• Posted

Also wondering if anyone has had experience with sucralfate(carafate) not working

• Posted

Pain under the rib cage which radiates to the back sounds like gastritis.

• Posted

ive had gastritis for almost 2 years now and my current symptoms are not the same as the ones prior to diagnosis of gastritis. Im not used to pain traveling up into where the breast bone is, im guessing the esophagus.

• Posted

Pain can migrate and change over time. This is the area where gastritis can cause discomfort.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.