Gastritis or stomach ulcer or hernia?

Posted , 4 users are following.

This all started about 5 weeks ago.

Tuesday, i ate quite a lot of cheese that day, went for a walk, felt fine. Middle of the night i had a sharp stabbing paib in the centre upper part of my stomach. I thought i just needed the toilet, but couldnt go, so put it down to constipation. Morning came, tried to go to the toilet again, couldn’t go. I felt like i wanted to be sick, so, stupidly i tried, anything to get the pain away. I felt like i had pulled something heaving, just under my ribs on the right side.

I had some tea and orange juice but threw them back up, it got to a stage that every time i got up i threw up. The dr came out to see me who said its a stomach virus and prescribed me some tablets, ppis, 2 to be taken daily.  Took one and the next day the pain had eased a heck of a lot. I ate some spaghetti and kept it down till 10pm when I decided to go to bed and threw up. I put this down to having a headache and moving.

Friday-Wednesday i still had pain, was eating bland foods like soup, rice, chicken and drinking water or tea. Wednesday i went to see my normal dr who confirmed it was a stomach infection and i may have inflammation of the stomach lining ( I may have got that confused, ive been to bed since then) said to eat bland, no fried, spicy foods. She told me to just to take 1 tablet a day. I did do no complications.

The Saturday, i went away, by this time i didnt want to go dur to the pain and was worrying about things like, what happens if it gets worse? Etc. I have anxiety and depression as well so that didnt help.

But anyway, i still had some pain but tried to enjoy my holiday. I was just eating bland, which sucked as i was sat there with a plain sandwich whilst smelling and seeing fish n chips. One day I did have tuna crunch on my sandwich which had peppers in it, i had tht between 12 and 1. In the evening i did tagliatelle with a white sauce. I had the white sauce a week before at home with no trouble, that night i had bubbling in my stomach, after  went to the toilet and had my tablet i was fine. Gradually as the week went on i startd not to feel the pain as much. I made an appointment to see my doctor on the Wednesday after i got back. 

I got back on thr Saturday and didnt feel that bad. For tea, i had a salad with battered fish (over cooked) and sunday i had  a sunday roast. While on holiday i did have grilled bacon in the morning sometimes with no problems. I had made some changes like having poached egg instead of fried egg and grilled bacon etc.

On the monday i had this, discomfort in my stomach and a dull ache on the right side as well. Its hard to describe the discomfort as it wasnt a burning sensation it felt cold. By Tuesday evening it had gone but the dull ache was still there but had eased a lot. I was also eating normally by this point as well with no troubles. 

WednesdAy, went to see my doctor, she checked my stomach area again and said she couldnt feel any lumps or bumps and i wasnt in any discomfort when she pressed down on my stomach area. I didnt mention about my stomach feeling cold as that had cleared up and didnt think about it. She said, that when i was sick i was heaving and throwing up bile that I probably pulled the muscles in the area and by stretching in the morning and doing other things, it was taking its time healing. She offered me two choices, go for a blood test or wait to see if it gets better. I chose to wait as it had got better. From then to Monday, i wasnt worried about it and didnt even bother about it. 

Monday, i woke up with a bit of a headache, so i took some paracetamol, it got stuck on my tongue and made me heave.  My mum made me a bacon sandwich for my dinner, and while i was eating it i got the cold, discomfort in my stomach and the discomfort on my right side has returned as well. I am not on any medication for this but i have had some anti acids tablets that did nothing. I am going to the toilet regularly, once or twice a day and a few more to pass water. Tonight, i put some deep heat on the area and that has eased it a little.

I have made an appointment to see my doctor for next week, earliest is thursday. 

What can it be?

1 like, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

The foods you are eating. Lay off of the cheese is causing constipation. Also fish and chips. Try vegetables in your diet. Fruit will do wonders for your digestive system. Stay away from fried foods as well. Good Luck😎

• Posted

Sounds like your gallbladder. Request an ultrasound! Cuz once the stones get really big the pain hurts way more. Or you can change your diet if your scared of surgery but means you got to be committed to it. Because i had gall stones. One week i would be fine. After a large fatty meal i would be in agonizing pain

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.