Gastritis - pain in the right side of the abdomen

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi,

I've just been diagnosed with gastritis after an endoscopy I had last week. The thing is, aside from the common symptoms such as heartburn, nausea, occasional indigestion etc, I'm also getting some weird pain locations.

Most of the pain is to the right of my upper abdomen, sometimes spreading even on my ribcage, or going even bellow it. For a while I have though I might acually have issues with my gallbladder, but a series of tests eliminated that possibility. I actually had lots of tests lately which showed all my other organs are fine.

I'm also experiencing pain in the right side of my belly, either above it, or a little bellow it.

I was just wondering if there are people who experience the same thing, because I find it strange that my pain is predominantly towards right, while the stomach is mostly to the left.

Are these normal symptoms of gastritis, or should I worry about other causes for my pain?

I would be grateful if someone could shed some light on this. Thanks for your time!

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I’m experiencing similar symptoms-mines been going on for two months. I’ve had an mri, ct scan, ultrasound, blood work and my next stop in a endoscopy. Looking for an ulcer. I’ve been told I have too much on my plate and seem anxious. Do you have bowel changes?
    • Posted

Mine started about 3 months ago and yeah, I do experience some bowel issues from time to time. Not exactly diarheea, but a lot softer than usual and coming with big cramps and stuff. My doctor gave me some pills for that and I'm better now. Apparently it could be gastritis related indigestion, but my doc is not sure, so she asked me to do another test that measures calprotectin levels, in order to see if my intestines are inflammed or it's just IBS. I will get the results this week.

• Posted

I did lost about 2 kilos, during the periods when my symptoms were really bad, but I gained them back. Now I've started my diet, which is very strict and I'm expecting some weight loss because of that...

• Posted

Do people with gastritis feel pain with movement, I mean does movement touch their pain? or aggravate or have any effect on pain?
    • Posted

I personally definitely feel pain with more vigorous movement, such as dancing, running, exercise etc. Sometimes even when bending over. But most of the pain is on my right side, so I'm not even sure it's gastritis related, reason why I posted my question here...

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.