Gastritis pain is back

Posted , 11 users are following.

For months I was experiencing pain in my upper abdomen and in my right side. I was at the point where I was in extreme pain everyday and moving around hurt. I ended up having a colonoscopy and endoscopy and was diagnosed with gastritis. I was put in Dexilant and then protonix. This was almost 2 months ago. Until a few days ago I thought I was actually getting better. Now I am once again in pain in both my abdomen and my right side. Sometime it feels like the pain is in my back. I am not eating anything different than before so I am at a loss as to why this is happening. Also, if I try to lay on my side it hurts as if something is there but I can’t feel anything when I push around in that area. Anyone else experiencing these symptoms? 

0 likes, 27 replies

27 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I have chronic gastritis I take 30 mgl previous am and again pm name brand only thing that works for me the doctor told to do this to keep from getting Barrett's esofogest don't know how to spell it which turns to cancer.i have tried all kinds generics don't work I just had an upper gj done I will say stay away from all chocolate

• Posted

Just saw your post. Ive had gastritis for 12 weeks.

Had everytest except for endoscopey. My Gp says just eat bland and relax.

Ive had enough. Friday Saturday and Sunday no nausea no pain yayyyyy

Woke up this morning not pain and sick as such but i onow they are there.

Ache in upper left side under ribs and sore a bit on right side under ribs.

Back feels like its beem hit with a bat. Ive stopped taking everything no Nexium Serc Zofrani etc only pill now is Stemital if absolutely needed. And Dual gaviscon after eating which isnt much as still scared to eatHave to be honest

Ive felt better in my mind off all the pills. But like you why after 3 wonderful days would it come back with a bang im as clueless as you sorry 😉

• Posted

I am confused are people referring heart burn or stomach burn as pain or pain in its original and severe form alone like stomach cramp?
  • Posted

I have been having bloating, continuous burping, fullness upper abdomen and burning chest sometimes. I did endoscopy a month ago and doctor diagnosed Mild Gastritis. He said it could be because of health anxiety and stress related. I do have sedentary lifestyle as I am working from home and I do have health anxiety, but I did not know I would end up messing up my stomach. I am on combination of DOMPERIDONE-30MG + ESOMEPRAZOLE-40MG twice a day and I have changed my diet to completely blan and boil. Eating veggies and fruits. However symptoms are pretty much the same

So, I visited Gastro last week and he put me on triple therapy for H Pylori. I have finished the treatment and I can say my appetite have come back but the heaviness, lack of intestinal motility, burping still exists. My burping is so bad that even small quantity of water or food makes me burp multiple times, even changing positions makes me burp. I cannot lay on my left side because of the dull pain under/around my lower left ribs. The pain pops up when I lay on my left, bend or cough.

I don’t know what to do, I am totally lost and really need advice from people who have gone through this horrible disease

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.