Gastritis/stomach pain

Posted , 3 users are following.

has anyone else suffered with gastritis from this? i had an endoscope about a year ago but they said the gastritis they found wouldnt cause the pain im in. im now starting to put 2 and 2 together thinking its that as all the symptoms seem to fit. im on omeprazole now for a week but no improvement yet. if anyones going through similar pains or had a similar experience id be grateful to hear

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

I had gastritis couldnt eat at all so nauseated lost 20 pounds in 10 days i ate one can of soup. it was very rough im on pantaprozale and famitodine

• Posted

thanks josh , have you seen any improvement? how long have you been on the medication?

• Posted

I been on them like 4-5 months maybe and most of the nausea is gone i randomly get some i made sure to cut out fried foods coffee tomato based foods to help i also have a hiatal hernia and gerd from the hernia they found on my endoscopy. I try to eat as much as i can i went from 155-160 down to 131 at one point and stay around 140-143 right now as i know my body is still fighting the virus i am sure. I just try to eat lots of fruit and vegetables and chicken fish or seafood mostly mix in some rolled oats and nuts and try to limit gluten and sugar as much as possible.

• Posted

thanks josh, yes strangely i have a hernia as well and so does my brother found on endoscopy. i too have lost a lot of weight. its such a horrible thing to have because its like russian roulette eating anything! the only thing that relieves the pain slightly is mcdonalds! not good when im trying to eat healthily lol

• Posted

Hi Ashley,

So sorry to hear you're getting this stomach pain, I hope so much things settle down as yo have been through so much. This truly is a horrible virus and I know you've been going through it a while. I know you might have already tried but things that have helped my stomach in the past and present include peppermint capsules and taking probiotics daily.

Hoping things settle soon and hang in there - still believing that you will be free from this awful virus with a little more time, and that your breakthrough is much closer than you think.

Craig

• Posted

thanks craig. i have been taking probiotics but will try the peppermint as well. ive had enough after being so sick for over two years now .... i can get up to try and eat and then back to bed, thats my life at the moment!

• Posted

i think thats one symptom ive skipped thankfully. i have read that is a very common symptom tho

• Posted

Oh I can only imagine Ashley how much you must have had enough of all this, it sounds like you're doing all the right things. You've been through so much, please hang in there Ashley I'm rooting for you and I'm still believing there is going to be a breakthrough and a turning point for you in all this.

I've read stories of people on the site that took them a similar length of time as you to start to feel better but after 3 years they had seen a real step forward - so hang in there Ashley there is still hope and do keep in touch and let us know how you are doing. Thinking about you.

Craig

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.