Gastritis / Stomach Ulcer

Posted , 17 users are following.

Hi,

i have been having pain in my lower left ribs for around 3 weeks, sometimes the pain spread to the epigastric area but most of the time it would be on the side. Yesterday I got some real bad pain just under the breastbone to the left in the stomach area (Epigastric area), the pain was a 7 out of 10 and made me feel really uncomfortable, later that night after food the pain came on again, again it was a 7 out of 10. The doctor said it was gastritis or a stomach ulcer but I'm still a little worried about pancreatitis although it's been 3 weeks and I've had 2 blood tests. Does these symptoms sound normal for Gastritis or an ulcer? I'd really like to speak to someone going through the same. I'm a little scared to eat now because of the pain, I think I'm going to try some toast to start off with.

1 like, 78 replies

78 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi try ginger root in a tea or ginger powder with water drink it every 4 or 5 hours a day it works great against acid reflux symptoms...... Trust me give it try..... Good luck.... Anyone else reading this with acid reflux symptoms try ginger and try eating healthier foods you start to see that your acid reflux symptoms will get better......
  • Posted

This was one of the best threads i have read on this forum! How is everyone now?...

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.