Gastritis Tender Abdomen Hot Flushes Agoraphobia Symptoms

Posted , 9 users are following.

Hello I have always found people's stories helpful so thought I would share my own, I have had a long standing condition which first happened while having a meal out but before I did it felt like I was having a heart attack. Got to A & E and had the odd few blood tests and prods and was diagnoised as gastritis at the time, grumble in the belly but wasn't too bad and then got back. Had a sort of faint burning in the belly since then but would never get really bad attacks unless it was the day after a "binge session", then I would always get an attack the day after, cheese and fatty foods also seemed to be a good way of firing of one of the attacks as well.

On and off throughout the years carried on drinking and eating like a fool till it got really bad the last year where I had a sip of wine and sent me into an attack but felt even worse than normal and could barely breathe. Wouldn't even think of having anything alcolic as it would probably send me into another stomach attack, but I couldn't eat anything bar starchy food potato rice bit of cereal ect. and went from 80 Kg to 60 Kgs.

The worst part about the pain is it's made me unable to leave the house as when the attacks happen it's deliberating and I can't even find anything to take the pain away, the pain though in the five years has always been dead center just underneath the breast plate and v. rarely ever gone pain to the back.

At one point everything set it off even small things like paracetamol I couldn't take which is a shame because I get sort of head pains / dull aches where I don't run a temperature but my head gets very hot. On a side note as well I actually found out I had a very large infestation of worms although didn't know the type, since they have been out I have felt better but still the same gnawing pain in the same place, but the attacks now don't happen nearly as much, they would happen twice a day at one point.

Ideally would be nice to find something that would workt to take the pain, tried going gluten free with not fats which didn't seem to make much of a difference, omeprazole seems to give me head aches although ranitidine 150 Mg BD seems to cause little problems but don't see much improvement. Food wise tyring to get lots of ginger in and recently trying slippery elm which seems ok and ordered Kolanticon Gel as well because a lot of good reviews (seems rare to find).

It's the frustration of the serverity of the pain, stomach is almost always tender where you can't put a lot of pressure on it without being very sore and becomes more sore when the attacks happen, I also had a lot of sessions on the menal side who doesn't think I am depressed or anything like that but it's not having some pain releif which I feel is stopping me from going outside which is really affecting my life.

It actually stopped me getting married because I couldn't make it out the house (hadn't been able to for months before) and ended up being dumped and kicked out the house after a four year relationship so has really affected my life, I did have an endoscopy about 3 years ago where nothing was found and an ultrasound again negative which was disappointing as finding out a diagnosis would be helpful to be able to treat it, unfortunately not being able to leave the house makes it much harder.

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

I suffer from gastritis, first thing I would get rid of would be the ginger, OHHHHH for me causes problems.

NOW - half fill a cup with milk, add boiling water until the milk is warm, use your CLEAN finger, sit down and sip slowly, repeat if necessary, you will burp, let it go.

Works for me. YES I know it doesn't taste particularly good, but it cannot do you any harm.

Did this for my father in Intensive cardiac care, much to the nurses amusement and comment's that it won't work, we have already given him gastro tablets, much to their amazement he burped the most amazing amount of gas, and said Ohhhhh that feels better, the following day I noticed them preparing the same milk for him.

• Posted

I think I have always been trying to find other things it could be because I can't believe gastritis could be so painful! (judging by other people though I don't think I am wrong)

I find it very interesting about the ginger though because people say it's good but have found it hasn't worked so I will try to cut it out.

I will certainly try the milk though and see how it goes smile

• Posted

Garlic for me can also cause me weeks of problems, with my stomach.

I also suffer from Psorasis so have wondered if there is a food intolerance for me that is causing my skin issues, as I got older I also have joint problems, swollen hot and very sore.

Recently I have been experiementing with eliminating for a start wheat, and the difference it has made amazes me, the swollen joints have settled down and some pain but nothing like what I had previous.  (please don't tell me it was that simple all along) I will be very annoyed with myself after all these years of pain.

Am starting to consider what else might be causing me problems, I know that red meat for dinner is not a good idea for me, extreme stomach pain, and lots of gas, my Dad had the same, his main meal of the day became lunch.

Cinnamon - do you know how much I love cinnamon, buns, apple crumble with some cinnamon, AHHHHHGGGHHHH, have given it up, can eat for breakfast, but just not the same, I make for my family, but my serving is usually not in the fridge when I get up, someone else in my family has forgotten once more I can only eat for breakfast.

Chocolate, again I LOVE CHOC, but it doesn't love me, a week of stomach pains, again AHHHHHGGGHHH.

Does any of these foods really cause me to starve, NO, I just have to avoid them like the plague, or pay the price, thats what it comes down to i'm afraid.

• Posted

Am so sorry u r going tru this for my stomach pain i use blackseed oil half tsp every morning it helps me lots u can read up on it..

Do feel better soon

• Posted

Had never heard of black seed oil before, seems to have positive reviews I try most things at the moment and still finding out new things after having this for a while will see how it goes smile 
  • Posted

Sounds like you already have a diagnosis of gastritis. Stick to a bland diet and avoid rich, fatty and spicy foods.  You also have identified your problem foods. Your anxiety will make your symptoms flare up more.  Accept your diagnosis of gastritis and try milk which helps a sensitive stomach.
    • Posted

I will I think a lot of me didn't accept gastritis because nothing was really found on the endoscopy, but then it was not nearly as bad until I decided to eat like a horse of fatty foods and booze and then back to stage one. Can't believe gastritis can be this painful either I suppose, I do like milk though and even going through an allergy test just in case to tick that box

• Posted

Gastritis can be very painful but if you watch your diet it can be eradicated. I have a weak oesophageal sphincter but nothing ever showed up either but I have all the symptoms so I accepted the opinion of the gastroenterologist.  I would think you don't actually need an allergy test to find out if you have an intolerance. Simply trying the food would tell you this.  If you have a reaction immediately after eating something, then you know to avoid it.

• Posted

I am sorry you are suffering so much. The only advice i can give is watching Barbara O'Neill on youtube...maybe something may help. I hope so. Good Luck

• Posted

Hi,

I was wondering if your pancreas has been checked? I had a bad pancreas all my life, but wasn't found until I was 68. Every time I went to ER, was told it was gastritis, until finally a Doctor when I was 68 took a blood test and told me I had an inflamed pancreas and I needed it checked out. Went to John Hopkins as I live in Maryland and found out I had a diseased Pancreas, which had been causing me all this pain all of my life. I am 76 yrs now, and knowing the diet for this has helped a lot. It is not a good disease, so I really hope this isn't it. I lost my brother to pancreatic cancer at the age of 52yrs old. He had never had any problems before he got sick with it and died 6 months later The doctors told me mine could turn into cancer too, its very scary. Just wondered if you had been checked, because it causes a lot of pain. Best wishes and hope you find out what your problem is soon!

• Posted

Late reply as usual but it does look like it could be related I think that the lipease/amylease slightly raised although they are also worried about the gall bladder (people worry about Liver but that rarely hurts)

I have heard that as a disease it is awful and cancer wise no one survives it for very long I'm sorry about your brother sad

Shocking it took you so long to get an answer hope everything is good now!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.