1. Stomach churning due to excessive gas

2. Lots of Belching after I eat

3. Burning sensation in stomach if I eat something with even light spice

4. Stomach upset keeping me awake at night

5. Bloated stomach after i eat

6. Feeling full even if I eat small portion of food at night

7. Tested positive for H.Pylori

8. Frequent bowel movement

My doctor advised me to be on PPI for once in a day after my dinner. I had PPI for 3 months. Initial 2 weeks I had PPI for 2 times in a day. Antacid syrup at night time for 1 month. 3 course tablet for a week to get rid of h pylori. Above tablets are strictly on my doctor advise.

Diet during gastritis:

Eat only small quantity at a time. If you previously had 3 meals a day, now split the quantity to 4 meals a day. A hungry stomach can worsen the gastritis ulcer, so keep eating whenever you feel hungry. Now What to eat; I had yoghurt or curd with rice for 3 times a day for initial 3 weeks. Had fruits like  less-riped banana, papaya, mango, apple, strawberry, pineapple(a little), pomegranate, melons. Had some vegetable juice like beetroot, carrot. Fruits and vegetable juice are in between meals. Took buttermilk(1 table spoon yoghurt in glass of water stir well) in between meals twice a day with pinch of asafoetida mixed in it. A lot of water in a day is very crucial to the cure. Take diluted fresh lemon juice twice a week.

Avoid stomach irritants like chilli, alcohol, smoking, vinegar, aerated drinks, soda, ginger, coffee, for me even tea, citric acid fruits, any other thing you find irritant to stomach. Because irritants vary form person to person. Include boiled egg in your daily diet. I ate well cooked chicken once in 2 weeks. Hard to digest foods may worsen your symptoms like red meat, pulses like soy bean, avoid these foods atleast for a month or so. Oil I used for cooking is sesame oil which I use traditionally. Doctors usually advise to take Olive oil, which is a neutral oil. Do not eat anything hot or cold. 

Many websites advise alkaline diet which is basically eating lots of natural foods. Certain alkaline foods are also irritant to stomach avoid those. Otherwise eat a lot of alkaline rich fruits, raisins and nuts(almonds). Raw vegetables(except juice), raw green leaf are hard to digest, I found it little uncomfortable. Eat a balanced diet. 

Lifestyle changes:

Lifestyle changes are mandatory. Exercise well for atleast 30 minutes a day in morning, but my stomach hurts in the initial 1 month of gastritis if I exercise. Go to sleep after 3 hours of having your meal. Go to bed early like 9pm and try to sleep in a dark room which enables the melatonin secretion which is a crucial enzyme for curing our body, which secretes only during our good early night sleep. Never ever have a heavy meal during gastritis. If you do not get sleep because of the pain or upset, try antacid syrup. Have a refreshing walk after each meal. Avoid stress or heated arguments which will worsen your symptoms. I lost nearly 8 kg in this 3 months diet. Alter your lifestyle such that you here on avoid your stomach irritants until you get fully recovered.

Doing the above things I recovered in 3 months time about 80%. Timeline of the betterment varies on the severity. Never worry a lot, you will also get back to normal course. All you need is a thinking that you will recover very soon. Be positive about getting well which is more important of all.

6 likes, 20 replies

20 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hello,

I have same problem .

My endoscopy report shows "Antral gastritics seen" but doctor told me they dont provide treatment of H-Pilory as i have slight swelling inside my stamoch and H pilory treatment is for only those patients who suffered from ALSER.

I lost 8-9 kg weight from last 4-5 months.

Now i am taking Prebiotics & probiotics tablets from last 2 month.

Now i am feeling much better but there is no weight gain.

SO my question is HOW MUCH TIME IT WILL TAKE TO GAIN WEIGHT ?

• Posted

Iahu - this seems to be a common problem. Weight loss and then it takes times to put on the lost weight. The only cure is to add calories each day as much as possible and wait for the calories to be turned into body weight.
  • Posted

This was so helpful!! I recently (two days ago) was diagnosed and hospitalized due to profusely throwing up, and came to find out that I had gastritis, and it’s been quite overwhelming realizing how much I’m going to have to change my ways and how long I’ve neglected what’s been going on due to the simple fact that I just never knew..so thank you for this it was very helpful and explained so well. I feel a little more confident about getting through this now! 
  • Posted

Thank you for the recommendations. Very important post.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.