Gastro- 4 days later, still feeling bad

Posted , 3 users are following.

So I came down with the stomach flu 4 days ago (Friday), and my husband came down with it on Sunday. Since then including today, I have been feeling EXTREMELY nauseated. No other symptoms other that just pure nausea that won't go away. Could I have been re-infected with it or does the nausea just last longer when you get this? I haven't had a stomach virus since I was really little so I forgot what it was like. I

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Try to stay as calm as possible because anxiety can cause nausea and increase the nausea you already have. Everyone recovers at different rates from a stomach bug. People don't always fit neatly into the text book timescale for recovery. It all takes time; simply wait it out and give your stomach the time it needs to get back to normal. Stick to bland, easy to digest foods; small sips of milk can help. Remember you got the bug only four days ago; you haven't had it that long!

• Posted

it can take up to a week to get over a tummy bug. you cant get re-infected by the same virus that quickly. you will be immune to that strain. as each day goes you will feel better. just eat light , small meals. hope u feel better real soon x

• Posted

I think your message was for hgj96 instead. I don't have a bug.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.