Gastro problems with back ache

Posted , 5 users are following.

I just wanted to find out if others suffer with ? gastritis and back ache?

When i eat it feels full and slightly uncomfortable and i also have been getting back ache between my shoulders blades and also sometimes my ribs. i have in the past had omeprazome but haven't found it very beneficial this time. i am using ranitidine which is better but i still have the feeling of being full and back ache. has anyone else had this?

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

hi Julie, feeling exactly the same now. I have gerd and gastritis, and I have back pain and on the ribs too. I think is normal, really annoying but normal. I put some warm patches on my back and now I feel way better. If you don't feel better in a couple of days call your doctor. Take care.

• Posted

i have gerd and gastritis and i get back ache as well i think this is normal! it stinks but it seems to be normal

• Posted

Trapped wind can cause pain between shoulders but a heart attack can too. See a GP to put your mind at rest. Any other symptoms you don't normally have?

• Posted

yes I have had the back discomfort with gastritis. when you have gastritis, there is a nerve that refers that pain to your back.

it’s very uncomfortable . make sure you eat foods that are alkaline like fresh vegetables. Stay away from acidic foods such as junk food, pop, most dairy, red meats. You can find these lists online. Take care

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.