Gastroc release w/plantar release-both legs at once

Posted , 8 users are following.

After suffering from severe plantar faciatis I am have a gastroc release w/ plantar relase on friday.  Both Legs at once. I have done everything I can to combat this pain.  Stretching,  custom insoles, over the counther insoles, cortison injections, night splints, anti inflamatory diet, Acupuncture, and physical therapy. Nothing has helped and I am in more pain than ever.  The pain in constant and stabing, day and night. 

Has any one done the Gastroc release w/the plantar release and has anyone specifically had it on both legs at once?  Can you tell me what to expect recovery wise.  I was told that I'd been in a wheel chair for 4 weeks.

Thank you for your input.

0 likes, 24 replies

24 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Goodluck Dennis! You will be so happy with your results! Took me 5 months to be completely pain free, but I'm so happy with my results! I'm off to the gym myself! Have a good day!

• Posted

I wish you the best. I only had the plantars release 23 days apart. It was hard. I was in a wheel char for 2 weeks after the secind foot and on crutches for over 2 months after with using wheelchair for outings etc. The origional pain is gone, but i have been left with debilitating pain in arches from heel to ball of feet. I have been unable to go back to work and i am 7 months out from surgury. Doc doesn't know why.

Best wishes.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.