Gastroenteritis without persistent diarrhea / vomitting?

Posted , 3 users are following.

I started having mild abdominal discomfort on Saturday afternoon. By night time I had come down with feverish symptoms - high temperature, aches, chills etc and had an early night. By Sunday AM the fever had gone but abdominal discomfort persevered. I went to the loo on Sunday morning and whilst stool was loose it wasn't watery diarrhea. On Sunday the abdominal pain continued and could be anywhere from upper abdominal to lower abdominal with various degrees / type of pain. Sometimes the pain felt like indigestion, trapped wind and was eased with passing wind and sometimes it felt more like the churning feeling you get before diarrhea however it was almost as if my gut had shut down, sometimes I struggled to go despite feeling the need to go. I did eventually go to the toilet properly again Sunday PM and this was very loose stool. The problems persisted on Monday and after breakfast I threw up a bit as it felt like the food was stuck. I've not ate since and the pain has pretty much gone. Does this sound like gastroenteritis? Most things I have read seem to suggest it is accompanied by constant diarrhea and / or vomiting but mine hasn't been constant with only little episodes of each however I have had other obvious symptoms such as abdominal discomfort and fever. Thanks for any help in advance smile

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

It could be well just upset stomach.... give it a couple more days and go easy with food.. Even a week.

Its been only few days....stress wont help you.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.