Gastroenterologist said Coffee is Ok for IBS? What do you think?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Is this something you have heard before?

​He may be right in that ibs is an undiagnosed condition so caffeine consumption might not be involved? But i asked specifiically does coffee affect cramps/bloating etc and he said "no it will likely only cause refulx"

what do you guys think?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Coffee can be an irritant for IBS sufferers.  However, as everyone's triggers are different, the only way of finding out if it affects you is to try coffee and see if you have any reactions.  Food and drink don't affect me at all.
  • Posted

I've not been diagnosed with ibs but I'm currently u Der going tests for my stomach!

I can truely say that if I drink coffee more like a latte it effects me. It make my belly gurgle and also very quickly makes me feel the need for the toilet.

• Posted

Exactly that, IBS is an undiagnosed underlying condition and it verys with diff people. Yes caffine effects me with acid reflux.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.