Gastroparesis Natural remedies??

Posted , 7 users are following.

medications don't seem to be helping much. Any natural suggestions that anyone has found that works for them? Mornings aren't too bad but in the afternoon as the food I have eaten produces all the gas' it starts to get worse. Intestinal bloating and gurgling and pain. I drink a lot of fluids, take domperidone which seemed to help until about a month ago. Any suggestions would be helpful. I also have reflux which I take meds for and I am also Celiac so diet restrictions are numerous.

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

These remedies are said to be good for gastroparesis:

probiotic foods,

apple cider vinegar 

aloe vera

Vitamin D

deep breathing

acupressure/acupuncture

• Posted

Thanks Pipa

i do take probiotics and have started trying Kefir first thing in the morning. I take the vitamin D because I also have osteoporosis. I do deep breathing as well. I am leery about the apple cider vinegar because of the reflux. When do you take the aloe Vera?

thanks.

lynn

• Posted

Take aloe vera juice once in the morning after going to the loo and the other in the afternoon.  Drinking it at least three hours before you go to sleep.is also beneficial. Take it 20 minutes before eating. 8 ounces a day is enough.

I find apple cider vinegar acidic too because I have reflux.  They say aloe vera juice and apple cider vinegar are supposed to be akaline suprisingly. My brother could not tolerate aloe vera juice because it irritated his IBS and reflux.  This too put me off it.  However, everyone is different and aloe vera works for some.

• Posted

I have found that IBgard OTC has helped me a great deal and I take probiotics. The IBgard is pricey but worth it for me. I can actually get out of my house without worrying so much where the nearest bathroom is.
    • Posted

yvonne

thanks for the reply. I take probiotics. Where do you buy the IBgard? I live in Ontario.

thanks,

lynn

• Posted

IBgard is available at drug stores and Walmart has it also. Not sure if you have a Walmart where you are but I would imagine you can get it on the internet if your drug store doesn't have it. It is the only thing I have found that works for me.

• Posted

I suffer from the same thing no milk no dairy also take ginger capsules and they have helped me. I have been a week now with no pain longest time ever . Keep a log of everything you eat so you could figure out exactly what foods triggers it. Papaya is also great for the stomach

• Posted

Neida

thanks for your reply. Fortunately I am able to tolerate dairy as my diet is so limited otherwise. I will try the ginger and papaya.

thanks

• Posted

I also feel these problem partially but I know that in my case it is due to incomplete/delayed emptying of intestine in the morning. I am also trying various natural remedies to rectify my problem at least to some extent. In my advanced age, most of senior citizen  suffer from the problem which I am having.

In view of above, I will also try to benefit from views on your subject; abdomin/ gas etc. I wish you the best of luck.

• Posted

Thank you for your reply. I don't have an issue with the bowels like some people with Gastroparesis, who are constipated. It's the gas produced in the stomach that gives me the problems in the small and large intestines.

Quite often I feel worse after a bowel movement. I am trying to drink more fluids,although I already drink quite a bit of water. I am trying to have a ginger tea after lunch as well.i started Kefir in the morning today and yogurt at lunch to get lots of probiotics.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.