Gastroscope - all good but cell was slightly abnormal?

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hi All,

A few months ago I was getting alot of burping and heartburn so my doctor got me to do a gastroscope. Everything went well and said that I only had inflammation. the biospy came back and said most were normal, inflammation and slight abnormal cell? My doctor has said nothing to worry about but we will do another gastroscope in 1years time to check the cell.

i have been taking antiacid medication and dont have anymore heartburn or burping.

should i be worried about this slightly abnormal cell? i have no family history of cancer and i am 31 yo male.

will the abnormal cell recover and go back to normal?

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.