Gastroscopy clear????

Posted , 2 users are following.

I have been today for my gastroscopy, which surprisingly showed no hiatus hernia, no inflamation and (most surprisingly) no failure of previous HH repair surgery, which my doc and surgeon both thought had occured.  I'm still due to have the wire up the nose and down the throat test in early August, which my consultant believes may reveal something.

To be honest I was really expecting some not too great news today, and whilst I'm obviously pleased I still have no explanation to the cause of my symptoms.  Eight weeks ago I was laid in bed when I suddenly had horrendous burning pains up into my gullet, had to sit up and couldn't lay down to sleep for 4 weeks.  I bought a recliner and slept in that.  My maintainence dose of 10mg of Omeperazole has now increased to 60mg of Lansoprazole and buckets of Gaviscon everyday, still get pains up between my shoulder blades and below ribs, lump in throat feeling etc.

Twenty four years ago I had an 'anti-reflux procedure and HH repair' which my doctors thought had failed and was causing my symptoms.  Now it appears intact I am very confused, has anyone else had similar symptoms?

1 like, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Good news that the scope was clear but I can understand you being a bit confused with having so many symptoms. The more I hear from people on here the more I realise just how debilitating this condition is. I've just had a whole night of sitting up with no sleep and I got in such a state that I started having panic attacks as well. Dreading tonight! I really hope you get some answers and help soon.

• Posted

Thanks for the reply.

You are quite right, sitting up all night is no fun and debilitating in itself. I hope you sleep better tonight. Buying a recliner helped me, but it just isn't the same as sleeping in a bed.

Good luck with finding a resolution

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.