gastruc band adjustment is not working any more

Posted , 3 users are following.

I've made gastric band d7 years ago, lost 30 kg in a year and a half and reached my target, but since a year i started gaining weight again, tried many times to adjusted but still not working and still eating with same habit of not having the band. My question, is there an expiry for gastric to stop it from working and doing its task, why adjusting the band is not workinf any more?? Knowing that my band is still in the right location and nothing wrong with it as per my doctor said. Please advise

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

I think you get used to the band and start slipping back into old habits - i know i have, I think you need to go back to basics and to back to what were told when first banded doing the 20/20 habit of chewing 20 times, waiting 20 seconds after swallowing each mothful and only taking 20p size peices - oh and stop eating after 20 minutes.  Remember to drink more water and start again from scratch x 

• Posted

Mine stopped working after a couple of years. I had problems with reflux, it was loosened, then the hospital in Bristol said they didn't have funds to continue to treat me.  I'm now heavier than I've ever been and am stuck with a useless band inside me.  Worst thing I ever did. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.