gaul stones

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi everyone!  hope someone can help!  after being very poorly, and in lots of pain for over 2 years, my doc sent me for various tests last week. they included an endoscopy and an ultra sound scan, as she thought i had a hiatus hernia.  the endoscopy was clear, but the ultra sound showed that i have quite a number of gaul stones.  I have been advised to have the gaul bladder removed as even if they manage to disolve the stones, they can return.  in the meantime, can anyone advise me what to eat and drink, to help with the symtoms?  also, do you feel much better after the gaul bladder has been removed, and can you eat normally afterwards?

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi Valerie, you are talking about gallstones and this site has a very useful leaflet

https://patient.info/health/gallstones-leaflet

Avoiding fatty foods will help you a lot.  You can live without a gallbladder but will need to adjust your diet.  And you will feel a lot better.

• Posted

Hi!  thanks so much  for that.  my friend had her gaul bladder removed about a year ago, and says she can eat almost anything.
  • Posted

hi valerie , yes you will feel a lot better , i had my gall bladder removed 10 years ago  and am pain free after a year wait for my operation, i am now on a low fat and limited alcohol diet , after only last week being told i have a bit of fat in my liver,but no one told me after my op about any diet,but i started getting bad discomfort in my right side ,after eating anything with fat or too much sugar in , so beware of your diet after .
  • Posted

gaul bladder problem  Hi all! I have been for a pre op asesment in view to getting my gaul bladder removed as i have been having terrible nosea and pain. i have been in hospital 3 times over the past 8 weeks, and they have tried various things, but have said the only solution is to have the gaul bladder removed, and i quite agree, as i don't want to have to continue like this indeffinitely!  in the meantime, how can i combat the terrible nosea?  please someone help with this, as i have a phobia of vomiting, and have had this since i was 5 years old.  please help!  Val.
  • Posted

hi  valerie , i had my gall bladder removed ten years ago after suffering a great deal of pain , try drinking ginger tea or eating crystalised ginger or biscuits , they really do help with sickness,
    • Posted

Hi Wendy!  Thanks for that.  How do you feel without the gaulbladder, and can you now eat and drink normally?  Val.
  • Posted

hi valerie . ater gall bladder removal your best to avoid fatty food , in my case i started to suffer a lot of discomfort and bloating several years after the operation , due to not watching what i was eating, so ended up with a small amount of fat in my liver, i am now on a low fat diet and also a liver detox , so i am now so much better for it , and have bags more energy .

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.