Gaviscon burning me more

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi I'm taking Zonton tablets for acid reflux and terrible heart burn which is at this currant time is very bad burning in my gullet and my throats so sore why is gaviscon burning me more, as anyone else exspreances this problem , and any tips on cooling the burn Down and what to eat I know what I can't eat but there seems to be nothing much i can help please

1 like, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

what dose are you taking? I take 30mg a day and that works for me, 15 is not enough. what did your dr prescribe 
    • Posted

Hi in taking 30 mg a day and some times I takes an extra 15 mg when . It's real bad and also sometimes Zantac it had been helping until last week i had a cup of coffee when out shopping and when i got home I refluxd and the burning set in and now it's all the time
  • Edited

Gillian are you taking the peppermint Gaviscon?  Peppermint is known to make heartburn worse and I got much better after stopping eating peppermints which I did a lot. Try the non peppermint flavour .I can't understandd why the manufacturers of heartburn remedies don't seem to know this.Try some honey down your throat to soothe it.
  • Posted

I had a similar reaction to gaviscon when i 1st started to take it but as my osephagus has healed over time,  it's stopped burning and now can take it when needed with no discomfort
  • Posted

Hi.

I had the same problem but healed it with linseed kissel. You should take drink the kissel first thing in the morning and before going to bed. Change in your diet is crucial as well. You will also need to watch what you are eating and make a diary of food that triggers the problem. Drink a lot of water to get rid of excess acid in your digestive system. Camomile tea is good to have too. It soothes the inflammation of the lining.

Gaviscon did the same for me and I found omeprazole not helpful at all too.

Good luck.

• Posted

Thanks for the advice I will try linseed Kissel buy I've never heard of this is it a liquid or something else and we're would I buy this from
    • Posted

No problem.

You will need to buy brown linseeds from Holland and Barrett. Take 3 table spoons of the seed and wash them in cold water just to get rid of dust they have. Then put them in a sausage pan and add 1 litre of water. Cook on low heat stirring occasionally for 30 mind or until you notice the liquid is getting thicker. It doesn't have to be too thick as it will thicken when cooled. After cooking the seeds will fall down, so make sure you use the liquid. It is ok if some of the seeds escape into a cup when pouring. Drink the liquid slowly. Wait half an hour and then enjoy your breakfast. You can then enjoy the rest of the kissel before going to bed. It is better to cook the kissel in the evening to have it ready for the following morning and then the rest in the evening. It has to be cooked fresh every day. Alternatively, you can put the same amount of seeds into a thermal flask and brew it for hours shaking it occasionally. My symptoms improved significantly after using the kissel for less than a week. My grandma recommends using it for a few months even though the symptoms went away. It will heal your body completely from an acid damage.

If you have any questions please ask.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.