GB QUESTIONS Diet & Alternative Treatments

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hi, I'm Tanya, I'am women in her mid-thirties, from Australia and since December I have had quickly escalating symptoms of GB issues. I have had an ultrasound that picked up sludge (but no stones) and I have been referred to a General Surgeon for further treatment and management. I am new to all this and honestly I'm scared.

When I was looking for forums to seek advice and experience this is the only substantial site I could find.

Please if someone could lend me some advice and wisdom. I would be grateful.

Diet is my first question, I understand that you need to stay away from fats and diary etc, but I have been very confused with contradictory information about eating things like nuts, whole grains and eggs. It would be wonderful if someone could suggest meals they had when managing GB pain and symptoms at least then I could build off a decent foundation.

My second question is, Alternative treatments vs surgery, why is the accepted treatment to just jump straight to gallbladder removal? Are there reasons, the tablets, sonic waves, or simply draining the sludge or removing the gallstones (then manage diet and lifestyle) are not tried first before the surgery? I can't seem to find clear information about this. Also how is it that people can almost eat what they used before the issues when the GB is gone? It doesn't make sense to me.

A third questions, when pain does flare up, are the any remedies at anyone here uses to help ease the pain?

I thank you all for your time and insights.

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.