gel inserts?

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hello, I'm new to this website and forum...so I hope this is what it's about! First of all I'm glad to be able to ask questions to others who share the frustration & pain that only a person with planter faciitis would understand! Having suffered with p.f. For over a year now I would like to know which gel inserts people have found useful, I bought some cheap ones which were useless but I'm skeptical about purchasing expensive ones which do nothing also, any recommendations would be great. Thank you in advance. 

0 likes, 15 replies

15 Replies

• Posted

I did exactly the same - eventually purchased some all singing insoles with a really good heel cup & axrch support, they helped - but the thing that turned my PF around were some expensive shoes by a company called 'Alegria' . I now have 4 pairs & only  wear normal shoes for short periods. It is always there but the discomfort is now bearable. I also had a course of reflexology & that was bliss. I wish I could afford to have it every week.
    • Posted

Hi Cindy

Ive been wondering about reflexology for a while now as I have had PF for going on for three and a half years now.  Pain wise it varies from day to day.  Some days good and some not so good.  Did the reflexology have any lasting benefits do you think?  It is expensive as you say, but worth it if it means a sustained improvement.  Look forward to hearing from you.

• Posted

I saw an advert for a special offer for a course of six sessions - £150. It was good because she worked on the  ligament/tendons that run from the ball to the heel. Also, she massaged & pressed that awful feeling of 'hard heel' away . The oil kept my skin soft. It certainly helped - if I could afford it I would like to have more - doing it yourself is too difficult. Pschologically it feels like the only hands on treatment that is a comfort. I also had cortisone injections from my GP - not a cure but a little help especially when it has local anaesthetic included.
    • Posted

Thanks for that Cindy.  I'll save my pennies and have a go with the reflexology I think.  Can't do any harm.  I use an exercise ball to try and keep my feet flexible, which they are, but still the PF lingers on. What a horrible thing it is.  Heard so many horror stories re injections that I won't go down that route. Anyway it seems that even if they do work, the effects don't seem to last that long. We battle on.

• Posted

Try power step pinnacle orthotics..the help me. After 6 years dealing with this..and sometimes unbearable, I have a massage technique that has changed my life. I might make a 5 minut video and put it on YouTube if anyone interested..?
  • Posted

Hi Gemma 92037,

My best advice to you depends on hoW painful your PF is bc if you've read alot of these posts, you can see that there are many different levels of pain from this. The best thing I have found are Crocs. The reason being because they seem to come up the hill which takes the pressure off the center of the hill which is where my biggest pain is. They're very cheap because it works the same even if you buy the knock off Crocs. So give it a shot... I know some other people who have bought them and it worked for them as well. I'm really happy to say after almost 2 years now of having plantar faciitis mine seems to almost be gone praise God. I'd can't walk flaton the floor anymore or barefoot but that's okay with me, at least I am able to walk and for a while ....several months I was bedridden because I couldn't even step on that foot. So give them a shot and let me know. Sincerely,    ladyjack 51

• Posted

I just wanted to make a correction to my previous post I was trying to say the reason the Crocs seem to work so well is because they seem to Cup the heel..for some reason it put come up the hill...lol
  • Posted

Thank you for all your replies, I will be googling some of the bits now! 
  • Posted

I agree to your sceptizism. I do not think that insoles itself will drastically change the course of PF. From my personal observations, the sole of shoes should be not too flexible, because intense flexion, increase the pain. Also, it should be not too hard, thus the insoles on typical shoes might help to stay on feet for longer time. The healing without a surgery usually is a very slow process.
  • Posted

I have tried a compression sock which has worked really well. Also my doctor has now put me on a course of Tramadol pain killers which have changed my life! I was on ibroprofen type tablets for 6 months and the pain got worse! But now I don't actually limp anymore and I can get through the day without feeling like I need to collapse at the end of the day! Hoping there is light at the end of the tunnel! 
  • Posted

| am not sure that they would help I wear orthotics and still have terrible pain.  I did wear some gel things over my metarsal bone on my feet but to tell u the truth i just ended up with blisters on other parts of my foot as my feet are thin and the gel pads just rubbed on them.  good luck.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.