Gelatin

Posted , 5 users are following.

hello everyone, I posted before for advice on joint pain - hips, knees, shoulders, neck, elbows and just about everything. Ive had a couple of kind ladies mention gelatin and just wondered if there are any other ladies out there that have had good results from being in a similar position to me ? Ive bitten the bullet and ordered some online so would very much welcome any good reviews, my knees are absoloutley awful right now. Thanks everyone x

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Apparently Lou this is a common symptom of menopause. Another good

remedy is cod liver oil capsules.

I know this can be really debilitating, I have arthritis in my spine and it can

be very pain full.

My husband had very painful knees and a hip, he lost a couple of stone

and the pain has disappeared (not relevant to you,but interesting)lol😊

Hope you get some relief, all my best to you?

• Posted

Thank you, poor you that must be so awful. I agree with losing weight as I could really do with losing weight aswell, I wish I could and try so hard , it's not easy - do you take anything other than cod liver oil ? I take it and it does nothing ! 

• Posted

No I don't. Hate to tell you but I have high blood pressure too (oh dear)

😊so can't take anything really,I just take co-codomol when the pain

is bad. We could never lose weight either, loved our food too much

but we have cut out bread and that seems to have done the trick

For him but he has a physical job too, so that helps (I am not so

disciplined ).

Try the geletin it might work for you, I hope so. Let us know Lou.?

• Posted

Thanks yes I will. I love my food too ! I don't eat bread either actually - but love everything else and comfort food is so appealing especially in winter and Christmas is coming, more food ! Need to do something will let you know.

• Posted

Well I suffer with joint pain. Hips knees elbows wrist. And back pain and I am not over weight . So I don't think been over weight is the cause. It might not help but it doesn't cause it. Just thought I would mention that for anyone that is heavy and beating there self up over it. Skinny people suffer the same 😀😀😀😀

• Posted

Yes you are right Michelle. He was lucky that it worked out that way

I think to myself I need treats at this daunting time (usually food)😁

I lost a bit of weight but I don't get hung up about it!

We have more important things to overcome.

I have had this arthritis since I was in my 20's and I wasn't overweight

then.

Who knows what the answer is, we just have to keep trying

different remedies.😊😊

Good luck all

• Posted

I haven't tried gelatin but when I started walking/jogging on the treadmill daily, my knees stopped hurting! Very unexpected. I wasn't losing weight either. I also noticed my hair not falling out anymore.

I need to get back to doing the treadmill every day!

• Posted

Ladies,

You may not want to hear this one, but I simply had to offer my experience.  I was several years past menopause and boy the constant chronic pain was horrible.  Shoulders, neck, back, hips,  legs, elbow, wrists, you name it.  I got so bad I couldn't spoon with my hubby in bed to watch a movie without jumping up in pain.

Then the vaginal atrophy and dryness set in.  I was given vaginal Estrace for that problem.  And with regular use of a small amount.............suddenly and without any other things changing the chronic pain went completely away.  I haven't had it since.  

So you can dismiss my personal experience if you want.  But I'm telling you I was lacking estrogen and my body was on fire and screaming.  I had even developed nodules on the sides of my fingers, but once I started the vaginal estrogen, those disappeared also.  I feel like a new woman.

• Posted

Oh, this is interesting Gailannie.

I have started developing those too. I just use a cream called

Replens which is just moisterising which is pretty good but your

stuff with the estrogen sounds amazing. Will have a word with

doc (if I can ever get an appointment)😊

• Posted

Jokey, for me it was nothing short of a miracle.  Chronic pain was devastating my life.  Just keep this in mind, our tissues don't dry out because we are lacking Replens.  These changes are real, and based on the chemicals that our body uses/needs.  And while all the experts say that vaginal Estrace ISN'T systemic, it certainly was for me.  I could feel it all over my body.  Possible that's because my tissues were so dry, that it sucked it up very quickly throughout my system.  

Estrogen has  very good anti inflammatory effects.    

• Posted

Well no doctor ever tells you this voluntarily!

Thanks for the info Gailanne, I will look into it, this could really help

me.

I am very happy for you that you are feeling better.

All my very best to you😊😊

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.