Gender Dysphoria- who else gets it?

Posted , 2 users are following.

And has anyone figured out coping strategies during the loooong process of waiting for appointments!

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Keep very busy. Puzzle or something that requires your brain to be involved. If you are referring to long waits in a waiting room rethink the doctor you are seeing. Bring a book, ipad or a puzzle activity with you. If you are waiting in terms of days or weeks for an actual appt. because you have no other option then keep very busy.
  • Posted

Whenever my dysporia plays up, I listen to music or watch my favourite TV shows, play video games. That sort. I try to keep my mind distracted.
    • Posted

By plays up I mean, when it gets to that unbearable point. I also keep reminding myself that one day I will get top surgery, start T, etc.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.