General Bloating or Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi everyone,

I just want to preface this by stating that I am 22 years old and have pretty bad health anxiety. I've had new stomach bloating and pain that appeared about 2 months ago. It started in my upper abdomen. My primary care doctor ordered an abdominal ultrasound. Everything came back normal. However, the pain and bloating persisted, but it is not terrible. I am able to live with it. Pretty recently (about a week ago), it moved to my lower abdomen. It burns and feels like pressure. I looked back over my abdominal ultrasound results, and the test specifies that it looked at my "upper abdominal aorta". Does that mean that it did not rule out an abdominal aortic aneurysm completely? Does anyone know if a general abdominal ultrasound rules out an aortic aneurysm, or would I need some other ultrasound to look at my "lower" abdominal aorta. I plan on asking my doctor soon, but she is currently gone on vacation. I know it is extremely unlikely in a 22 year old, but I do have a history of very high blood pressure that I have only recently gotten under control (a risk factor). I know several people that have died from this, so it is very concerning for me. 

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

I should also state that when I get nervous I get a bounding pulse in my chest and in my stomach. My stomach physically moves when this happens. But again, I know it is still unlikely.
  • Posted

Since your doctor is on holiday, speak to a different doctor and ask for your results to be explained to you.
  • Posted

I hav a aorta aneurism for the last 7 years a ultrasound will tell you the size of the aneurism mine was 4.2 centimeters for 6 years then went to 5.4 centimeters I took high diocese of vitamin c the aneurism reduced to. 3.2 operation are needed when size in 6 centimeters or bigger 
  • Posted

I have high pretension I lowered mine by eating oatmeal every morning no medacation it went from 195-101 to 145-81
    • Posted

I have just started eating oatmeal, so hopefully it works for me too! 
  • Posted

Cat scan needed when doctors need to operate not befor.  Operations needed when aneurism reaches 6 centers why would you want all that radiation, radiation causes cancers 
    • Posted

How was your aneurysm discovered if you don't mind me asking? Did you have any symptoms whatsoever that might have been because you had/have one?

• Posted

I work in constructio when installing a fence i used a slam hammer pondering metal post in the ground I felt that i over did it not pain but unusual disconfert I couldn't lift heavy weight picking up from ground.

an ultrasound confirmed it the exercise squats increase its seize. High doses of vitamin C helps repair aorta aneurism 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.