General opinions and Scan report help please.

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi everyone. I would really appreciate some opinions... it's a bit long winded so please bear with me.

The first time I got the pain was in 2010. It was just above my belly button sort of in line with the bottom of my ribs. It lasted about 2 hours before gradually going. I'd been out for a meal in Turkey whilst on holiday.

Since then the attaks been on and off .sometimes once ot twice a year to start with but gradually increasing in the amount of attacks. The longest I had it was 8 hours. It generally wakes me up in the middle of the night and the only thing that seems to help a little is Andrews liver salts. I am never sick although I do get an upset stomach. The pain used to be in the same place ( above my belly button) but has in the last 6 months started to move to more under my left rib. It always starts in the centre and then moves and it feels as though it tucks itself right under my left rib which then radiates to my back.

I went to my gp in December and explained the pain and how it is under my left rib but as soon as I mentioned I had a family history of gallbladder problems( mainly gallstones) it seemed she wasn't interested in anything else and arranged a scan.

The scan report came back as everything normal apart from my gallbladder although there are no stones. This is what it reads.

Conclusion: The GB wall is diffusely thickened and irregular with multiple projections , the largest measuring 12mm, possible representing adenomyomatosis /polyps. Urgent referral advised to evaluate further.

So now I'm terrified of what that means. My GP didn't even know when adenomyomatosis meant and had to look it up on google whilst I was in his surgery. My heart sank when the first thing I saw on the page was gallbladder cancer. He then went on to say he thinks it means benign and that there is nothing in the report to suggest it was anything sinister. He seemed almost perplexed as to why it was an urgent referral.

Any opinions would be greatly appreciated, there really isn't much online about gallbladder problems.

0 likes, 17 replies

17 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

HI everyone,

?Just a quick update. I saw a consultant and she ordered an MRI. The MRI (which I coughed half the way through due to a chest infection) was done last Wednesday and I saw the Consultant yesterday.

?Turns out I have gallstones which didn't even show on the ultrasound with one right near the bile duct entrance.

?Surgery to remove the gallbladder will be around May time.

• Posted

That's great news, Poppie!  Please let me know how you get on! xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.