Generalised Anxiety (?)

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hello, I've been suffering from panic attacks since about 15. I experienced a traumatic incident when I was 14 which I'm still receiving counselling for. I experience flash backs from the incident, hallucinations, sweaty and shaky hands, dizziness, etc, but I'm not on any medication for it. I'm starting university soon, and my panic attacks affected my college work extremely, I don't want this to happen at uni. Can anyone offer me some advice?

1 like, 4 replies

Report / Delete

4 Replies

  • Posted

    It sounds to me as if you may be suffering from Post Traumatic Stress Disorder. You need to see your doctor and get referred to a specialist. The good news is that this is a treatable condition, but you need professsional help to sort it out. You do not need to suffer. Get the right medication and the right support and you will be well again. Good luck at Uni. Wishing you well.
    Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up