Generalised anxiety.

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi...I have been experiencing anxiety for a number of years now. Basically I over think things, work myself up. Was just wondering if anyone had only experienced anxiety in their adult years, and can it be a result of feeling unloved as a child? Don't get me wrong I was loved, one parent thogh just didn't show it, and I was bullied for being a bit overweight also.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

i dont know about feeling unloved as a child because i have great parents even now as an adult they will go out of there way for me. Maybe its contributed to your anxiety.

but when i was younger i had various problems, now as an adult i have put it mostly behind me but anxiety has creeped in. Over thinking is my middle name, lol. I constantly do it. any situation, no matter how big or small. i have been able to control it to a point, but now, sometimes i just get out of control with it all. 

I was picked on at school quite bad, but i dont think thats got anything to do with my stuff now. it did back when i was a teenager. but i worked through that. 

Have you ever spoken about it? or worked through it? or even just talked to someone, a friend, about your parents and what you felt when you were younger? hope your ok 

• Posted

Hello, yes I'm OK thanks. More tearful just lately not sure why really. Not able to talk to my parents really, we're not that close, especially now they have moved abroad x
  • Posted

Hi Lanie, I know what your going through. Yes, my anxiety has gotten worse in my adult years too. Have you been to see your gp about your anxiety?
    • Posted

Hello...I've not been recently but have done in the past due to a massive panic attack. Since then I have suffered with anxiety on and off. I do talk with my sister about things ( she has panic attacks too) but sometimes I just try to work through it myself. Just lately I've been feeling v tearful, but for no specific reason x
  • Posted

I think we ALL can find fault with our parents, mine loved me but we're too old and ill themselves to really understand me, and certainly the Health problems I inherited from both though genetics. I think your anxiety may result either from an illness you inherited or from the stress of modern life. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.