Generalised severe raised red itchy lumps

Posted , 2 users are following.

I have been getting hot large swollen raised red, extremely itchy hard lumps all over my body for the past 7 days. I have no other signs or symptoms. No fever or malaise.

Would someone be able to chime in on what they think may be causing this?

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Hello,

If you haven't already, look up Prurigo Nodularis. I hope it isn't that as there is no cure. If it is, do your best to resist scratching. That is the best hope for getting rid of it. My PN started with small red bumps covering my lower legs, nearly all went away, the few that did not go away itched horribly. Again, do not scratch. I wish I knew that then. I still have some bumps after 4 years! Some bumps that healed to smooth unblemished skin will leave a small lump remaining under the healed skin that occasionally itches. I gave in to one area and have a few messy, itchy bumps back. I got another area to heal but randomly an intense itch comes up. I have kept it free of bumps by not scratching. That is not an easy task as this is the most intensely itchy condition I have ever come across. I hope you have something else!

Good Luck!!!!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.