Generalized anxiety with intrusive thoughts

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi  For the last 3 weeks I've been having anxiety I was diagnosed with generalized anxiety but have intrusive thoughts it's not OCD was wondering if anyone has the same thing has me I'm also on ciprelax for the last week I have good and bad days am I ever gonna be normal again  

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Intrusive thoughts are a big part of anxiety. If you mean can we be how we were before anxiety- if its long term then no I don't think so. We can be different and feel better which I think is all we can hope for
    • Posted

Actually changing yourself from this like feeling different can work out good cuz your minds like this isn't the person who used to get anxiety will make the brain confused and maybe change for the good I hope cuz I hope that's what happening to me cuz I do not feel the same way I did before but I still am waiting for my anxiety to go away but yes change is good we can be different and feel good at the same time 
  • Posted

what kind of intrusive thoughts do you get?

everyone has some form of intrusive tthoughts at times 9f stress and illness. they are a problem if they put you or others at risk? if not challenge the thoughts. I do it all the time. general intrusive thoughts often stem from our core beliefs and affirm them in a negative way,  like lighting the fire of what we dont like about ourselves.  

xx

• Posted

My intrusive thought are of hurting loved ones sad I got this anxiety after my negative mom left 
    • Posted

UR thoughts r alarming.. It's probably helpful for u to see a counselor who can better moderate UR moods ..
    • Posted

are you in the UK?

you need to contact your local mental health services crisis team they will help and support you with these thoughts and provide access to a dr quickly xx

• Posted

Crisis teams are only there for people in immediate danger, they are not a referall service. Intrusive thoughts are part of anxiety, so seeing a Dr to be referred to psychology will probably be the best way forward. Crisis teams are usually staffed by psychiatric nurses, they offer no therapy and cannot prescribe
    • Posted

a crisis team can assess risk as thr intrusive thoughts are to harm others that is high risk hence a crisis a gp would contact them or a Raid team depending on local services. anyone can contact crisis team for support and they are the gatekeeper to services in many areas x
    • Posted

also crisis team do have a team psychiatrist along with nurses, occupational therapists and social workers x
  • Posted

UR doses will adjust and sometime after two weeks the dose is increased after initial dose u DONOT have a reaction of any kind to. These drugs control the serotonin uptake in the brain and take a few weeks to level out in UR system.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.